~PUFFSCOIN~ smart contract driven cannabis cryptocurrency

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
PUFFSdev
some karma
some karma

Post by PUFFSdev »

The Leafy Cauldron Apothecary is proud to announce the forthcoming commencement of the Genesis Sale for PUFFScoin.

PUFFScoin is an independent EVM blockchain which will leverage smart-contracts and distributed applications to provide a variety of services for the global cannabis industry, from seed producer to retail-level consumers. Hard-coded into our protocols is perpetual support for veterans and first responders, with transaction fees populated across the network allocated to a community-governed fund that will partner with medical dispensaries to provide cannabis at no-cost to veterans and first responders.

Our website is online now at http://www.puffscoin.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We have enumerated several smart contracts and dApps which we are building on our testnet, which we will launch in good order on the main net upon public launch alongside the native services users have come to rely upon with Ethash-protocol blockchains. Likewise, we will be providing services such as BONGgoggles - our censorship-free, ad-free social network - and the reefer.review, our daily news site. both of those services are inceptory, and are part of our service model as a whole.

Our Genesis Sale commences on April 20, 2018 (420, naturally. We couldnt hold our heads up if we DIDNT launch on that date, now could we?) and will run thru four release/pricing stages through to July 1, 2018... Oh Cannabis day here in the Great White North, as legalization of recreational cannabis comes into effect.

PUFFScoin is built as an adjunct to our business plan for The Leafy Cauldron Apothecary, and will be fully integrated into the daily operation of this medical cannabis dispensary and laboratory.

Our mission is beyond cryptocurrency or cannabis. Our goal is to provide verifiable and perpetual philanthropy. The vast majority of projects that the PUFFScoin development group will build and govern will have some form of direct sponsorship for veterans support and cannabis advocacy groups, and we look forward to working with other non-profits along the way to help create healing.

We have been building this project for nearly a year, and we will be providing further information as the week goes along for any that wish to participate in our Genesis Sale.

As a development group, we appreciate the need for every cryptocurrency to grow and maintain a healthy community. We are more than interested in expanding our development group and service providers. If you have perused our webpage and want to become involved in any aspect of this project, please dont hesitate to contact us here on the forum or via email through our website.

We will endeavour to answer any questions that are brought up here but our general releases will be made first and foremost via the reefer.review. Subscribing for updates at puffscoin.com will always be the most efficient method of staying in touch with whats going on with evolving PUFFScoin development.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Ooo, ooo, tell me more. :dreamon:

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Normally we don’t allow spamming our community but since you were kind enough to put this in the appropriate forum, I’m going to let this one go.

I’m also intrigued by your project, and would love to know more about the players behind it.

Feel free to msg me here with further details.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 955 times
Received Karma : 745 times

Post by dill786 »

sounds like a BOT wrote that post instead of a real human being

reads really robotic !!!
Kuchisabishii

PUFFSdev
some karma
some karma

Post by PUFFSdev »

smokebreaks wrote:Normally we don’t allow spamming our community but since you were kind enough to put this in the appropriate forum, I’m going to let this one go.

I’m also intrigued by your project, and would love to know more about the players behind it.

Feel free to msg me here with further details.
thanks for that! its hard to find the appropriate place to talk about something on forums like this where there isnt a definitive topic for what we've built. we have worked really hard on this project, and our biggest focus is the veterans endowment. the principal partners here are all from sydney nova scotia (although we're from all over canada originally) and use medical cannabis for one utility or another..... myself, im a veteran who uses cannabis for PTSD and epilepsy. i can say with great confidence that having started a prescriptive regimen of cannabis to deal with my seizures and veryverybad nightmares saved my life. a year ago, pretty much exact, i was going thru 4 or 5 grand mal seizures a day, and was seriously considering physician assisted suicide. a group of friends from a "church" i belong to (the church of the subgenius)got together and helped pay for my prescription for a few months, the seizures slowed, and im at the point where i have maybe one or two a month. and i sleep thru the night now.

last autumn, i was working on another cryptocurrency project, and was chatting one afternoon with my buddy from the bosnian war, he was having a rough day of it, was down on weed because he couldnt afford his prescription, the federal government had recently cut back reimbursement to vets to 3 grams at 8.50 a day. what he NEEDED that day was to get on his motorbike and ride. the problem, landmines in his front yard. snipers in the woods. PTSD. a month or two later, another guy id served with committed suicide. theres no way the government here in canada is going to fix this in a timely manner. so we thought to launch a cryptocurrency that would have a fund built into its core design that would provide for vets.

since then our platform has increased with sponsorships for Marijuana for Truama here in canada and HeroGrown in the US, as well as starting to work on a project for the open cannabis project who want to keep strain genetic profiles out of the hands of utility patent holders.

the other guys working the project, my "brother" andrew who has been along the cryptocurrency ride with me for the last four years, and has witnessed PTSD and my fight with cancer (what lead to the epilepsy). he grew a sea of green in his attic for me (the strain twister, which ive nver found since) during my fight with a brain tumour. hes a ridiculously skilled contractor and has an emerald thumb.

our web manager and assistant blockchain developer, mitch j, has his cannabis master degree from CTU, and will forget more about terpenes and such than ill ever have the chance to learn. mitch d, the final cog in the machine, has a vast knowledge of the accessories side of things and will manage our head shop.

what we are hoping to build is a full-service community, with incentivized participation. the key to it all, beyond the distributed applications we're building, is the fact that no matter what a user does on the blockchain, every transaction and every call to a smart contract will result in additional funding for veterans. if we build the services up to something that everyone wants to waste a few hours on every day... check their BONGgoggles account, or mine some HER0x, or buy a bong from an independent shop on the multi-vendor marketplace... you help vets access cannabis.

to the fellow what figured the post sounded robotic, my apologies. after typing similar messages as far and wide as we could, sometimes the message becomes muscle memory. right now, simply, we're hoping to get the word out. thank you for allowing us the opportunity to post here on myplanetganja!

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

Is this pegged to the price of milk in any way? Because I'm sure pissed off about the price of milk.

And if cow tittys' get fewer in number it means less milk so the price of milk will go up so..

That's what I'm betting on. So that's why the question.

If I invest. Is it tied to the consumer inflation c ost of milk in any way?

Remember, now according to the law if I ask you if your a scammer. You have to tell me the truth or your will break the law.

So are you or are you not a scammer?

Remember, your under oath.

All lies will be recorded with GOD.

ok.. fine anyone who wants to argue the fine points of religious theory... all you amalgamated theorists... I appreciate your points....

Yes, before I hear a large volume of outcries... "I aint the Pope declaring there ain't no hell"

Yes, everything is recorded no mater what you do.

If your a lying cheatn' scum bag mofo.. then ... Bows head... may your Black Hole be bearable
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

You do realize that the honorable thing to do would be to set up as a non-profit, and that "selling" a cryptocurrency turns your efforts into a scam, right? Of course you do, because you have someone smart enough to set up the cryptocurrency.

At this point i will assume YOU are sincere aboot the charitable aspects, and that someone else in your group has pushed the "investment" aspect. I would advise you reconsider the structure you are setting up, as those of us who are cannabis activists have a hard enough time legitimizing this plant without having unscrupulous folks taking advantage.

Or we can debate the topic, as I'm in the mood for a good shredding. :)

PUFFSdev
some karma
some karma

Post by PUFFSdev »

Butcher Bob wrote:You do realize that the honorable thing to do would be to set up as a non-profit, and that "selling" a cryptocurrency turns your efforts into a scam, right? Of course you do, because you have someone smart enough to set up the cryptocurrency.

At this point i will assume YOU are sincere aboot the charitable aspects, and that someone else in your group has pushed the "investment" aspect. I would advise you reconsider the structure you are setting up, as those of us who are cannabis activists have a hard enough time legitimizing this plant without having unscrupulous folks taking advantage.

Or we can debate the topic, as I'm in the mood for a good shredding. :)
it would great to set up as a non-profit, tax exemption for starters. part of the issue with non-profit status is the current limbo where cryptocurrency falls into here in canada. it is not considered currency yet it is taxable based on its core monetary value. sort of like how the canadian federal government, in legalizing cannabis, left if to the provinces to decide distribution. the west will have private enterprise while ontario and east will have government controlled dispensaries with no private participation in the market. theres a lot of...lets call it legislative instability in both areas of interest presently.

take the $1/gram tax the federal government has already announced. how does a non-profit with tax exemption deal with that? especially when provinces jump on the bandwagon and cannabis prices become subject to the same GOVERNMENT run tax-income-generation scenario, they start adding in a 50 cent sin-tax here and a 25 cent clean-air-tax there. a cannabis non-profit will likely be spending a lot of its time filing for exemptions, hiring lawyers to do the same for each jurisdiction, which in the end takes away from what we're trying to accomplish.

that was one of the considerations we looked at when we launched the project. non-profit vs not-for-profit vs charitable institution. there was a quagmire waiting there. not the diggity one. the sort of cape breton deep woods fen that sucks your hip waders off your body kind.

a non-profit based on BOTH cannabis and cryptocurrency would be great in theory, but with the rapidly evolving legal climate, it could also become a dead weight around a projects neck. at the very least, it would gobble up a lot of time and resources we could better put to use actually doing something constructive and immediate.

that being said i think a blockchain is the perfect model to DELIVER charitable aspects. with the Veterans Endowment, we changed the protocols of the currency itself. with every other cryptocurrency, the transaction fees generated in each "block" of the "chain" goes to the person who "mines" the block using their personal computer resources. this is on top of the block reward, the tokens that are minted with each currency - enabling the distribution model. our miners are still incentivized to participate with the block reward, and they help not only drive the consensus engine but push the transaction fees to the Veterans Fund.

one of the first things we will do when the public main net is launched (we are currently running a private testnet, building the distributed applications we enumerate on our website and testing them out) is to launch the Veterans Endowment DAO (decentralized autonomous organization). the VE-DAO will govern and administer the Fund. it will be made up of representatives of the crypto community, the veterans community and the dispensaries themselves. other than a single vote within the process, to participate, we will not have any control over that fund.

with secondary projects like MFT and HER0x, which are subcurrencies running on top of the PUFFScoin blockchain, we are going to be very much hands off. the funding structure is built into the basic architecture of each project. and there are TONS of WORTHY non-profits out there that we can help in that fashion. VETS Canada and the Royal Canadian Legion both work together to help homeless vets. We are already consulting locally on cooperation, the whole think global act local thing.. and im working on something we can build as a smart contract suite with some form of unique attribute to encourage user participation, to which we can establish a funding mechanism. or a group like CannaMommy thats trying to fund research on the endocannabinoid system and reduce the stigma for parents.

there has to be some aspect of payment involved, to compensate the creators, developers and maintainers of a project this large for the work they have done, and are doing. what we are bulding here isnt a multinational faceless corporation eager to control the cannabis industry for our own nefarious purposes. i mean, sure i have mad scientist dreams of global conquest or at least manageable hair, but....WHO DOESNT?

as owners, we have set up wallets for ourselves from the get-go.. our developers reserve. these are controlled by a smart contract which "vests" the funds, making available some from the whole balance on a scheduled basis... our WAGES. we arent some non-profit board of directors with expense accounts. i work 12 to 16 hour days on this, i dont have days off. but its a labour of love, forgive the cliche. as i said up above i contribute getting my medical cannabis prescription what saved my life. literally. and i know of too many guys i served with, and of far far too many guys i didnt serve with but are "brothers" just the same, where cannabis couldve possibly saved theirs.

and i apologize for the long reply here. i just got in my order of a really nice sativa and i tend to get chatty. (chuckles) i just wanted to touch on one last thing. the idea of PUFFScoin as an investment. i dont think we've ever presented it in that light. certainly most cryptocurrency is positioned as a great way to make money, and for most, its treated like an equity for which to profit. the miners and market speculators will use it that way, certainly. PUFFS is cryptofuel. its used, for us, to power the apps we build. because it is, in essence, a financial instrument, it will consistently be compared to economic and capitalist processes. i believe thats simply narrow thinking. yes, there could be a profit made by people who invest in the project, if there wasnt no body would participate. but we do try to avoid forward looking statements, especially with regard to what people COULD earn. or lose.

i would never promise or promote an idea to get rich quick. there isnt any such thing, not if you arent willing to step on people to get to the that place, not if you arent getting rich off the expense of others. it WILL take money to make this project work. nature of the beast. projects that do not position themselves appropriately, with quick integration to markets and merchant coin payment structures, get left behind and generally fail. the third-party exchanges out there are profit driven, and in many cases getting listed at ones with decent throughput can cost thousands of dollars.

we want to build something that will make a difference in a lot of peoples lives. its not the sort of thing a person can commit a couple hours in the evening to, not if you want to be effective. this is my job, building this platform, finding ways to adapt open source applications to provide real effect for groups that otherwise would have difficulty getting funding, which many cannabis organizations have found. and in this industry, there have been a lot of scams. the best we can do is present our plan, which is ridiculously detailed, and follow through with it in an unimpeachably transparent manner. we will deal with what we call "fudsters" (spreaders of fear, uncertainty and doubt) every day we work with this project, and i think we should be challenged to consistently demonstrate the ethical standard to which we hold ourselves, because in the end it might set an example on how a project like this should be governed.

i just want to end this long novel by saying thank you for the difficult questions. now, i have another jonit of moby dick to roll up and write some news articles for the reefer.review and writing this today actually gave me an idea for one of the two articles i promise myself to write every day. if you think we might be a scam, dont participate. i urge to watch the project, regardless, and see that we are actually the high-principled (pun intended) individuals we present ourselves to be. my previous work in cryptocurrency over the last several years has been consistent with how i approach this project. SOILcoin was designed on a similar code base to PUFFS, and was set to provide applications for environmental needs. it was launched with no funding. i spent equal hours on it, developed many applications, but i have a family to feed and have never been rich. my computer wasnt competitive in mining the currency i helped develop. i assisted a few other projects as well - a brazilian fellow contacted me for help with is project and we positioned it to work as an alternative entry point for cryptocurrency in brazil where the poorer class were actually using bitcoin where they could get it to shop because of a lack of banking representation... and helped a LGBT based group set up their project as well, which had a large philanthropic ideal behind it as well.

i believe that crypto can be a vehicle for change ALONGSIDE its ability to make people money. ive always been that sort of person. voted NDP my whole life. ive generally BEEN the guy who fell thru the cracks. i have the capacity to use my talent in this industry to build something that may help lift people up from depression, opioid addicitoin, acute PTSD... this isnt about profit. or labeling something not for profit for tax shelter reasons. this whole project is about helping, and finding very unique and innovative ways to do so, utilizing user participation to fuel healing in a very quiet way. for a project of this magnitude, i honestly dont see how any other sort of architecture would work.

PUFFSdev
some karma
some karma

Post by PUFFSdev »

MadMoonMan wrote:Is this pegged to the price of milk in any way? Because I'm sure pissed off about the price of milk.
well, if you get the munchies like i do where its a bowl of frosted flakes or nothing, i can understand your dilemma. i have two boys living at home... 22 years old and 7 years old. theres many a time i go for a late night bowl of cereal and theres an empty jug in the fridge. im lucky that i live in a city with a 24hour inconvenience store about a block away, but a 2L jug there is almost five bucks. highway friggin robbery.
Remember, now according to the law if I ask you if your a scammer. You have to tell me the truth or your will break the law.

So are you or are you not a scammer?

Remember, your under oath.

All lies will be recorded with GOD.
im just a stoner. i mean, seriously, theres a thousand ways people scam folks in the cryptocurrency world. "TRIPLE YOUR BITCOIN OVERNIGHT!" ads pop up evrywhere. and people get sucked in and that pisses me off. theyre the same types that call my home and a computer voice congratulates me because my business qualified for a $250,000 loan (i have a registered tattoo business) BUT the number they call from is spoofed. and they were unlucky enough to spoof my friends number, a nice old lady who i get grapes from every autumn. they KEEP calling and hanging up when i ask them questions. those types are fucking everywhere.

i a guy who found crypto, found out it was all NUMBERS which im pretty good with, and i could work from home. i have epilepsy, the bad rattle your brains against the inside of yuir skull a buncha times a day kind. i have PTSD. i served in the Canadian Army during the early 90s and spent lots of time in Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina. (side note: today is the 25th anniversary of the ahvici massacre. i was part of the called in after to calculate the dead. google it. yuill understand why i have nightmares) cannabis keeps me sane.

theres a lot of guys out there in the same boat as me. saw or did too much for their souls to handle. and where i have the rare ability to see how to use a system designed primarily for profit and asset transactions and set it up to provide something real for groups that might have a harder time getting government funding because they deal with cannabis which, in the states, is still federally prohibited.

im not a scammer, im a pothead with a big weird brain and the ability to disrupt the system in a small way to help a whole lotta people.

im also a toronto maple leafs fan, but that admission might do more harm than good.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

PUFFSdev wrote:i just wanted to touch on one last thing. the idea of PUFFScoin as an investment. i dont think we've ever presented it in that light.
Really? Seeing as you provide cryptocurrency ticker info at the top of your web page, as well as a section labled "Protecting Investors' Interests", it would seem you disagree with yourself.

A simple search revealed that you lost a case to have the government cover your MMJ costs last year, as reported by CBC. When considering that, I would assume either you are good enough at your cryptocurrency work to provide for your own costs, or that your work is not good enough to generate income, which would cause me to question the validity/reliability of your present offering.

My area of expertise is in financial aspects, but I at least do a little background checking. Having located these concerns, I do not see reason to debate the financial inaccuracies you present, yet. But rather see the need for further vetting of your background. However that is not my area of expertise, so I will leave that to others here who are much more adept at that than I.