Growing in electric sunshine
Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: The miowing spider
Received Karma : 4 times

Mrs Fly's Garden of Mixed Delights

Post by Mrs Fly »

Ah, what the hell, I'm gonna keep a journal of my grows and stuff here....now, I've gone and lost my 'effin camera so I can't post any pics right now (don't worry, I manage to lose/find that thing about 3 times a week, every week!)

In theory I have some bitchin' Sensi Star pics, I'll go hunt for it later and see if I can find the camera!!

Anyway, I'm not too sure where to start, I guess I should talk a bit about my setup and go from there. :)

I have 2 80x80cm grow tents, one is used for veg and the other for flower, or as things stand at the moment, both are being used for flower....yes, my sentimentality strikes again! You see, I have a bad habit of taking too many clones and then not having the heart to kill off the excess, which means I always make life harder when it comes to flower!!

So, one tent is usually set to 18/6 with a 250w MH, and the other is 12/12 with a 400w hps, I use 2 rvk inline fans, lots of huge ugly 200mm acoustic ducting, a carbon filter, um, timers, contactors, it's all just that exciting!! Well, no, ducting's kinda not that exciting, but meh....

Although at the moment one tent's being flowered under 400w hps, and the other under 600w hps.....I HATE using the 600 as it's too hot and cains too much power, but in this situation I'm glad to have it.

Okay, now we've all been bored shitless I guess I should introduce my strains!

I basically work 99% with cuts, they're predictable and plants I know so well that I can tell them apart just by the leaves in veg....I grow:

AK99: A lovely F2 from a good friend of mine I've been growing for about 3 years now, not a high yielder, quite leafy and branchy structure, but the smoke is top-notch!

G13: I was given this cut by someone who certainly knows his shit in the canna-biz but I am adamant this is NOT pure G13 as I was told it is.....I'm quite certain it's a G13/skunk cross, but despite the sketchy background, this plant produces amazing weed. Strong, and sweet, like coughmedicine.

Sensi Star: My current keeper pheno isn't as strong, or indeed, crystally, as my last keeper who I'm flowering out (and is in theory the plant I was gonna post the pics of till I noticed my camera's AWOL) but it's a wonderful lime pheno, quite unusual and unique, so although slightly weaker this plant got to stay on!

Super Silver Haze x Bubbleberry: A gift from Biz, the original bean was from Mello Kitty....this plant kicks arse and produces obscenely huge upper-buds! the smoke is a pleasant mild sweet flavour.

Skunk #1: A pre-1994 skunk with an AMAZING flavour. Beats the UK Cheese? I'd say it's certainly on a par. Lanky bugger, weird small but rather dense and therefore heavy buds for their size.....and the smell and flavour truly are amazing! An old school plant and a rare find, I am very grateful to SG for finding, and then spreading about, this remarkable strain.

I'm testing out a Super Silver Haze x Bubbleberry cross atm as well, my first home hack I want to make sure I've not gone and created a bunch of total freaks here that will wreck the genepool! So far, so good, but she's only been about 4 weeks into flower so I don't know yet. Looking more like her dad than her mum in flower, but she seems to also have the very high p and k demands her mum has!!!

Wow, this journal seriously needs pics!! I will sort that later when I've got more time!!

K
-x-
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

ezozo
some karma
some karma
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by ezozo »

Hey Mrs Fly
Great to read your journal I am jealous of your great mom's you have there and hope you keep them although you don't have veg room Haaa ..
this journal seriously needs pics!!
sure we like to see some pix ...

peace and love
zozo

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Mrs Fly »

Hiya Zozo :)

I know, too many plants not enough room!!! The only thing about clones that I don't like is when you're waiting on them rooting, and for a moment you start to worry whether or not they will ever root and if you're going to lose the plant, but it's not happened yet

*touches wood

Anyway, I found the camera, I'd left it in the bathroom, anyway, these are pics of my old Sensi Star (the one being flowered out) it grew quite weird but I think that's because I had put her 12/12 for 3 weeks, then back to 18/6 for a month, and 12/12 again and it really messed her up!

K
-x-
Attachments
sensigetsherflush.jpg
sensigetsherflush.jpg (90.9 KiB) Viewed 7999 times
sensicola1.jpg
sensicola1.jpg (131.55 KiB) Viewed 7999 times
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

Hacks
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Hacks »

Look at those petioles!

Well I think it looks quite dangerous in spite of its photoperiod follies. Your plants always look nummy Mrs F!
(Still no full stop eh?) :D
The next Freddie Flintoff.

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Mrs Fly »

Hacks wrote:Look at those petioles!

Well I think it looks quite dangerous in spite of its photoperiod follies. Your plants always look nummy Mrs F!
(Still no full stop eh?) :D
Bwahahaha!! sorry, laughing my arse off at petioles for some reason (exhaustion?!) I'll go retrieve it...... ;)

Can you see the really ridiculously long stems on those leaves?? wft is up with that?? Since I started using coco and Canna nutes I'm finding a few of the plants have decided they want extra-long leaf stems....fashion trait? Nutes? Learning to fly? I have no idea!!

I'm going to pull that plant down tonight so I shall probably take a lot more pics....she seems to have some kind of ball-cola-thing going on in there, I kinda wish I'd never screwed her up (in that she had gone through structural change by the time we flipped her back to 18/6 so she's grown very odd has this one) as she's my first plant grown in coco and I wanted to gauge her against the same cut grown in soil....oh and well....

As for the full stop, okay, I'll tell you a funny story. I didn't know that you're supposed to have a full stop after Mrs/Mr I always thought it looked weird. I remember I asked Dman to change the name of my account at TCC (I can't remember what from, it was a diff account to the one I have now) to Mrs Fly and he put the full stop in.....it pissed me off so much I never ever used the account but after the hassle of asking him to change it in the first place I felt like a total tit to ask him to remove the full stop. Don't ask me why I appear to have a neurotic dislike of the dot. *shrugs.

K
-x-

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 341 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Looks so yummy is right on the money... That second shot of sugary goodness is just so flippin heavenly..

I can't wait to see more of that..

:tup:
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

PharmaGirl

Post by PharmaGirl »

Nice Mrs Fly, while yer waiting on the pics, can you tell us a little about your 2 grow tents - pros 'n cons?

I've been seriously thinking of getting one. :)

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Mrs Fly »

PharmaGirl wrote:Nice Mrs Fly, while yer waiting on the pics, can you tell us a little about your 2 grow tents - pros 'n cons?

I've been seriously thinking of getting one. :)

Yep, sure thing :)

Err, pros?? Well, for me, without a doubt it's the fact they're completely lightproof, so when one tents on 18/6 and the other's on 12/12, I don't have to panic about light contaminating the other plants. They're easily wipe-clean, and also have a bottom liner that velcros into place, which can be removed and easily cleaned out in my bathtub.

Cons. Well, I've got 2 different brands of tent, one brand, the Budbox, I really can't fault it, but the other, a Homebox isn't quite as good, I'm finding for some reason the white inner-lining on this tent has started to peel off (not something I'm seeing happen at all with my Budbox) and whoever designed the Homebox felt it was a good idea to make one vent hole 200mm and the other only 100mm so you can imagine the silly reducer piece and extra venting I had to buy: plus that's gonna constrict my airflow somewhat. :)

K
-x-
Attachments
starharvest5.jpg
starharvest4.jpg
starharvest4.jpg (109.27 KiB) Viewed 7869 times
starharvest3.jpg
starharvest3.jpg (74.9 KiB) Viewed 7869 times
starharvest2.jpg
starharvest2.jpg (96.04 KiB) Viewed 7864 times
starharvest1.jpg
starharvest1.jpg (111.47 KiB) Viewed 7869 times

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Mrs Fly »

Who wants to see my 'BALLS OF WEED'?????? :o :shock: :? :twisted: :P
Attachments
ballsofweed.jpg
ballsofweed.jpg (94.67 KiB) Viewed 7863 times

weedy
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: SYLB

Post by weedy »

once agian chica looking very hot!!!! oh so are your plants!!!!!. your the first chic i ever knew with balls!!! we should get together, we can make some real money :D

here is a song just for you......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W-fIn2QZgg
DONT HIDE, IT DIVIDE IT

It Is A RED and GOLD world

RIP HELLBOY 3-28-10 GBNF