Custom Title: la cosa'mota'nostra

Guerilla growing for people not lucky enuff to live in Cali

Post by WeedMafia »

I got this from overgrow about ten years ago.you will need;
(1) a shovel
(2) a few 55 gallon drums
(3)about 20 foot of 1 inch thick.cotton rope
(4) your favorite medium
ok,cut the top 1/3 of the drums off at home,find a secluded spot out in the woods,dig holes large enough to bury the entire drums including the 1/3 you cut off the top,put the bottom 2/3 of the drum in the hole,fill with water,remove the screwed in plug from the top of the top 1/3 of the drum turn it upside down and place on top of the bottom 2/3 drop the cotton rope cut into 3 equal lengths thru the hole into the water(the rope acts as a wick system)lay it over the side for now,fill the top 1/3 with about 3 inches of your medium,take one of the ropes and lay it across the top of the medium,put a few more inches of medium on top of the rope,lay another rope across and then the rest of the medium on top of that rope,make a hole and plant your clone or bean,water well and you're done! Woo hoo!!!
You can use this contraption year after year so pick a good spot and no watering thru the whole grow season! (provided you get at least a minimal amount of rain) what I did was make a dome of chickenwire about 2 feet above the clone to keep the critters out and makes a kind of screen of green seperating the budsites when they reach that height...set it and forget it!!!
Hope this helps good growing
It's all fun and games til' somebody loses an eye...then it becomes a new game...find the eye.

Hax
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: TrollMod™

Post by Hax »

Hmmm... let's figure ten plants, 20 gallons per, 200 gallons times 8 lbs. per gallon. 1600 lbs. of water to haul in. Ouch. It's going to be hard to get too far off the road packing that kind of weight.

Actually California is one of the places it's damn hard to get by without irrigation. Even NoCal has dry summers. The ones who've got it lucky for guerrilla are the Midwesterners.
Click here for free iPod! > http://myplanetganja.com/ucp.php?i=unsubcribe&mode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WeedMafia
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by WeedMafia »

Ya the first year is a bitch but usually there's some water when you go to plant the following year and the ropes usualyy don't rot for a few years it works tho...heh

WeedMafia
It's all fun and games til' somebody loses an eye...then it becomes a new game...find the eye.

bubbabush
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: 6% Neandertal

Post by bubbabush »

WeedMafia wrote:I got this from overgrow about ten years ago.you will need;
(1) a shovel
(2) a few 55 gallon drums
(3)about 20 foot of 1 inch thick.cotton rope
(4) your favorite medium
ok,cut the top 1/3 of the drums off at home,find a secluded spot out in the woods,dig holes large enough to bury the entire drums including the 1/3 you cut off the top,put the bottom 2/3 of the drum in the hole,fill with water,remove the screwed in plug from the top of the top 1/3 of the drum turn it upside down and place on top of the bottom 2/3 drop the cotton rope cut into 3 equal lengths thru the hole into the water(the rope acts as a wick system)lay it over the side for now,fill the top 1/3 with about 3 inches of your medium,take one of the ropes and lay it across the top of the medium,put a few more inches of medium on top of the rope,lay another rope across and then the rest of the medium on top of that rope,make a hole and plant your clone or bean,water well and you're done! Woo hoo!!!
You can use this contraption year after year so pick a good spot and no watering thru the whole grow season! (provided you get at least a minimal amount of rain) what I did was make a dome of chickenwire about 2 feet above the clone to keep the critters out and makes a kind of screen of green seperating the budsites when they reach that height...set it and forget it!!!
Hope this helps good growing
pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffft! yeah bro we'll grow tons!
::-'--O Homophobia:Man's Fear of Being Treated As He Treats Women O--'-::

WeedMafia
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by WeedMafia »

*sniff* *sniff* I smell a hater...c'mon man,we're supposed to be putting up grow info not hate'in this info might be useful for someone...just not you.

WeedMafia

bubbabush
Karma God
Karma God

Post by bubbabush »

I'm a Californio. I've grown guerilla here. Anything that doesn't start out "burying waterlines in the rainy months" is couchlock stoner fantasy. You've got as much chance of breaking into guerilla growing here now as you do breaking into $1mil+ a year employment.

~O~

bubbabush
Karma God
Karma God

Post by bubbabush »

In any case, sorry to shit on your growthread. Next time I'll just pass on commenting if I disagree.

~O~

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

oh yeh, everything is like totally perfect in Cali... the grass is always greener!
but you don't gotta be hatin yo Image
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 331 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Post by roller24 »

FullySikMate wrote:
Say a couple of blokes managed to get a 2m x 2m 120kg 5000l 1100gallon tank buried on top of a hill and all water lines buried . Say it has a 400mm inlet without a bore or river close by what would be the best method of filling that fucker by capturing the rain locally in advance ? i aint lugging 5tonne lol
Get a big tarp, and stretch it out over the inlet.
Position the inlet at the lowest point with most of the tarp uphill from the tank.
Use tent spikes and secure the entire edge of the tarp.
Try to find someway to elevate the lower edges to steer water towards the inlet.
which youv'e cut an asterisk type hole in the tarp so it rolls into the tank.
Now you need to fashion or obtain an elevated screen to keep out debris
I would suggest a birdcage sewage grate, but I don't think they come that large.
but if you can get a commercial pasta colander it would suffice.
then you can cover it up leaving only the colander exposed.
paint it camo.

This principle is usually done on posts above the ground, but if you think it through, it would function, but most likely need regular maintenance.

bubbabush
Karma God
Karma God

Post by bubbabush »

FullySikMate wrote:
bubbabush wrote:I'm a Californio. I've grown guerilla here. Anything that doesn't start out "burying waterlines in the rainy months" is couchlock stoner fantasy. You've got as much chance of breaking into guerilla growing here now as you do breaking into $1mil+ a year employment.

~O~
Say a couple of blokes managed to get a 2m x 2m 120kg 5000l 1100gallon tank buried on top of a hill and all water lines buried . Say it has a 400mm inlet without a bore or river close by what would be the best method of filling that fucker by capturing the rain locally in advance ? i aint lugging 5tonne lol

Rain/runnoff capture's possible. I'd say survey your geography for the runoff gullies' pools or possible pools that you can pump (you'll probably have to improve this somewhat) and you'll have to be there when the water is to exploit it with one of these 2stroke pumps (about E200). You should be able to get 200 vertical feet out of it.

Your crop would be water-limited, even with plastic lined holes (drain-punched 40L soil bags, buried to the top minus a hand and opened when planting is still common here. calculate how much water it takes to soak one of these bags on drip every 2.5 days; multiply that by the days in your growing season/2.5; then divide this by your storage capacity = grow capacity.

~O~
Attachments
2stroke waterpump.jpg
2stroke waterpump.jpg (15.58 KiB) Viewed 6109 times