For the hydro-heads
twilson
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

Today, I learned a valuable lesson.

Post by twilson »

Prawn Connery wrote:Was it this one? That was a Sensi Star. Leafy bugger to trim, but always yielded well. Shame I lost that cut . . . I need to do another Sensi Star seed run to find another one like that.
I don't know if anybody else is seeing something but I ain't seeing shit. Just a question mark where the picture should be and when I click on the question mark it says it's loading but nothing ever loads.
Last edited by twilson on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Muley can scruff along i can too.

twilson
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by twilson »

Prawn Connery wrote:2 gallons. I've pulled a 15oz plant out of one of those pots. That actually surprised me!
You know you should write up a brief description on how you did that so others could replicate your method.

You really REALLY should..
If Muley can scruff along i can too.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

Not trying to spam RIU, but here it is: http://www.rollitup.org/vertical-growin ... 1200w.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'll see an 11oz haze on the first page in one of those pots.

Dunno why you can't see my pix on here, but obviously I and others can.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

It's this one, here. Just weighed it yesterday. 306 grams dried and trimmed - a bees dick under 11oz.

It's the haze plant in the green pot on page one of this thread, if you can see it.
Attachments
HazeMonster.jpg
Licensed to Krill

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

Well, they're still alive. :)
I'll pop up a pic tomorrow.. the lights are off at the mo.

They've stretched like hell over the last week. Much more than I remember the original plant doing.
I was running mixed strains before so I was keeping the nutrients light but this time it was all the one strain, so I pushed it up a bit.. still not very high, CF14 (or EC1.4 if you prefer) is about as high as it's got, but that seems to have given them the incentive to go mad and bang their heads on the lights. :roll:

I've bent a couple down, but the whole canopy is now so close to the light that the spread from the reflector isn't really covering the whole tray.
Still, there appear to be plenty of buds forming, and I think I'll get a reasonable crop out of them... there's going to be a lot of "popcorn" on the bottom branches, but I've been meaning to brush up on my brownie making skills. :)

On another note, I've just ordered some Delahaze and Opium seeds from Paradise for the next run.. looking forward to giving them a try!

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Delahaze should be a nice indoor variety, but Paradise's Atomical Haze is related to my catpiss haze plant above, because my catpiss came from a batch of test seeds from Luc which led to the AH. It's a Neville's Haze cross.

I grew Opium out number of years ago. It was a good plant - watch for mould - but Sensi Star is stronger and if you find the right pheno it yields better.

I've also just germinated some Wappa seeds - which look very similar to Sensi Star seeds (possibly related). By Luc's account, it's one of his best commercial strains and is very potent. I'll post some pix once they start to get going.

Nebula is still a very good Paradise strain - lovely pineapple-lime flavour and an excellent head high. Very potent, too.
Licensed to Krill

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Prawn Connery wrote:I grew Opium out number of years ago. It was a good plant - watch for mould - but Sensi Star is stronger and if you find the right pheno it yields better.
I was thinking about the SS, but they only had 10 packs of fem seeds available, and being semi-retired now, I didn't want to splash out all my cash on the one strain. ;)

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

It's a fekkin' jungle in there, I tell you!
jungl.jpg
But there are some buds forming up nicely in amongst all the straggling. :tup:

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Not a lot of negative space there is there?
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Jesús Malverde wrote:Not a lot of negative space there is there?
It's not quite as dense as that all over.. there are a few holes, but it's looking reasonable.

Around the day I wilted them half to death, I should have been trimming some of the lower branches out.
Since I didn't know what was going to survive, that didn't get done, so the growth is basically whatever bushing the plant wanted to do, minus a few long straggly branches I've taken out around the sides where they were getting no light, and a few floppy ones around the ends.

God knows what the harvest will be like, but I hope there'll be enough to keep us going until the next one. :)