Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Intrinsic wrote: Who knows what butcher Bob believes? Is he Bullshiting or is he in denial too. :dunno:
Maybe he just likes pushing your buttons?

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 942 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

^^^ For sure. :toker1:

My outlook is based on risk aversion...it's a simple 2x2 chart of possible outcomes...

On one axies we have the two choices: Man is causing global warming / Man is not causing global warming
On the other axies we have two choices: Do something / Do nothing

If man is not causing global warming...and we do something...we lose a little money.
If man is causing global warming...and we do something...problem fixed.

If man is not causing global warming...and we do nothing...there is no risk.
If man is causing global warming...and we do nothing...extinction.

I'm not trying to fix a problem I'm not convinced of...
...but I AM trying to avoid the worst POSSIBLE outcome...which falls under 'do nothing'.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1866 times
Received Karma : 1611 times

Post by Intrinsic »

More fracking shit in Oz

Get fuckin used to it

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Remember when Time magazine  named climate activist Greta Thunberg its Person of the Year? And Donald's reaction as a die-hard petulant science denier
Trump whining.png
https://mobile.twitter.com/GretaThu1nbe ... 5522524162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greta  Karma 0.png
:roflmao:

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Scientists relieved as Joe Biden wins tight US presidential election

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03158-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Biden’s election holds particular significance for scientists at the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which has suffered under Trump’s efforts to roll back regulations, bolster industry influence and undermine the way science is used to craft rules to curb pollution and protect public health.

“The Trump administration tried to mutate the DNA of the organization,” says Dan Costa, a toxicologist who headed the agency’s air, climate and energy research programme until January 2018 and is one of numerous veteran scientists at EPA who ultimately elected to depart during Trump’s tenure. It will take a while for the agency to recover, but a cloud has lifted, says Costa. “I’m sure people working at the EPA are breathing a sigh of relief.”

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

From the Hill:
Biden ... and he will sign an order calling for "science and evidence based decision-making" across federal agencies.
Seems crazy you even have to say. But that's where we are. Could have gone futher and mandated all decisions will be made using the scientific method across federal agencies.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Representative Katie Porter booted off the House Financial Committee after House Democratic leaders yada yada.. Party politics.

So now she's on the committee for natural resources management and financial oversight thingy.

Fools,
thinking there demoting Katie Porter by removing her.
instead she is where the important stuff will be. The future. The Chinese have haven't been Hoarding natural resources cuz they're stupid. And Katie Porter is far from stupid.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Dear friend,

Californians know firsthand that environmental protection cannot wait. Holding polluters accountable is how we protect our beaches and public lands and fight the climate crisis, which is causing record-breaking wildfires. 

This term, I am joining the House Committee on Natural Resources, which has jurisdiction to crack down on polluters. As of last week, I also have the honor of serving as Chair of the Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee. In this role, I will make polluters answer to Orange County families. 

Each House committee is divided into subcommittees, and for the most part, subcommittees have a narrow set of issues they cover (more on that in a bit). But, oversight subcommittees are special. These subcommittees have one job, and that is to root out waste, fraud, and abuse within the jurisdiction of the committee. On the Natural Resources Committee, that includes anything from the business practices of Big Oil, to fires in the Cleveland National Forest, to sweetheart deals between the Trump Administration and pesticide manufacturers. I will lead investigations to protect taxpayer dollars, elevate science-based solutions to the climate crisis, and more. I love oversight, and I am excited to get to work.  

I’m also joining two other subcommittees: the Energy and Mineral Resources Subcommittee and the Public Lands and National Parks Subcommittee. These subcommittees also do oversight, but their main focus is holding hearings and writing bills. On the Energy and Mineral Resources Subcommittee, I’ll work on preventing drilling off the California coast and ending taxpayer-funded welfare for oil and gas companies. On the Public Lands and National Parks Subcommittee, I’ll be looking to expand access to parks and support President Biden’s 30x30 agenda, which calls for 30% conservation of all U.S. land by 2030. This subcommittee will also play a key role in developing better wildfire policy and science to keep Orange County safe.
         Katie Porter
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/5343 ... sector?amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 942 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:Representative Katie Porter booted off the House Financial Committee after House Democratic leaders yada yada.. Party politics.
Eh, it's a bigger deal than you think. Rep Porter is pretty much the Liz Warren of the House. She is incredibly well versed in economics, banking, and wallstreet.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Understood. Yet still form my perspective it's a big deal for her fighting for sensible natural resources management. Her Proven talent & expertise in finance and legal stuff. rational Straightforward personality, Working with our primary resources on the economic side. real distribution of resources.

I predict AOC and Katie Porter will be working together more closely. Katie Porter on the Green Deal, officially or unofficially. Don't see a downside.