Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

January 6th Hearings

Post by rSin »

cnn.com is live streaming it
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

January 6th Hearings

Post by Intrinsic »

I watched it on tv broadcast on pbs. pbs also live streamed it too @
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UiL2inz487U

Dick Cheney
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Has bestowed Karma : 178 times
Received Karma : 174 times

January 6th Hearings

Post by Dick Cheney »

I said it once I'll say it again
That's my girl.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

January 6th Hearings

Post by rSin »

wish i could find it to watch. cnn kept cutting out on me
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

January 6th Hearings

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Will it fill my tank?

I know people that were there. They left before it got out of hand.

When will the FBI arrest me?

:/,
WHAB

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2159 times
Received Karma : 1584 times

January 6th Hearings

Post by ripper5 »

:lurk: :volcano:
June 9, 2022
Heather Cox Richardson

“Tonight, I say this to my Republican colleagues who are defending the indefensible: There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain.”

So Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY), vice chair of the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol, damned her Republican colleagues at tonight's first hearing on the January 6 insurrection.

And that was only a piece of what we heard tonight.

Calmly, carefully, convincingly, and in plain, easy to understand language, committee leaders Bennie Thompson (D-MS) and Cheney placed former president Donald Trump at the center of an attempt to overturn our democracy. They were very clear that what happened on January 6 was an attempted coup, an “attempt to undermine the will of the people.” All Americans should remember, they reminded us, that on the morning of January 6, Donald Trump intended to remain president, despite his loss in the 2020 election and his constitutional obligation to step down in favor of President-elect Joseph R. Biden, as every president before him had done.

The committee established that there was no fraud in the 2020 election that would have changed the results of the election, showing testimony from Trump’s attorney general Bill Barr that the argument that Trump had won was “bullsh*t.” The committee presented testimony from other administration figures, including Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows and his daughter Ivanka, that Trump had been told repeatedly that he had lost. And yet, even with his inner circle telling him he had lost, and even with more than 60 failed lawsuits over the election, Trump continued to lie that he had been cheated of victory.

It was Trump who “summoned the mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame” for January 6, the committee says. Unable to accept his loss and determined to remain in power, Trump organized and deployed an attack on our democracy.

The committee established that the attack on the Capitol was not a random, spontaneous uprising. The rioters came at Trump’s invitation. While they had been muttering about the results since immediately after the election, it was Trump’s tweet of December 19, 2020, that lit the fuse. That night, the former president met with lawyers Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani, former national security advisor Michael Flynn, and others at the White House. Shortly after the meeting, Trump tweeted that it was “tatistically impossible to have lost the 2020 election. Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!”

Members of the extremist organizations the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers took Trump’s December 19th tweet as a call to arms. On December 20, they began to organize to go to Washington. These radical white supremacists had taken great pride in Trump’s shout-out in a presidential debate on September 29 that the Proud Boys should “stand back and stand by.” After that comment, membership in the Proud Boys had tripled.

Members of the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers testified that they went to Washington because Trump personally asked them to. “Trump has only asked me for two things,” one man testified: “my vote, and he asked me to come on January 6.”

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.c ... 9-2022?s=r

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2159 times
Received Karma : 1584 times

January 6th Hearings

Post by ripper5 »

I watched it on the Tubi app on my phone.

Dick Cheney
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

January 6th Hearings

Post by Dick Cheney »

Three Big Lies about Jan. 6: A quick fact check
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/6 ... Fact-Check

1. “There was widespread fraud in the 2020 election”
2. “It wasn’t an insurrection”
3. “The Jan. 6 committee isn’t a real committee and has no power”

4. "Will it fill my tank?"

5. "Blame for J6: it was all Pelosi's fault."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/6 ... ign=recent

---------
Breaking news:
FBI arrests Michigan Republican gubernatorial candidate Ryan Kelley on charges tied to Jan. 6 riot

Dick Cheney
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

January 6th Hearings

Post by Dick Cheney »

So what was Trump's “sophisticated seven-part plan to overturn the 2020 election and prevent the transition of presidential power" to which Liz Cheney referred?

Part one: Trump repeatedly and aggressively lied to the public falsely claiming the 2020 election was stolen from him. 

Part two: Corruption of Justice Dept. --Trump sought to replace the Acting Attorney General with a loyalist so as to weaponize DOJ to use the force of the law to support his election lies. 

Part three: Trump corruptly and repeatedly pressured Vice President Mike Pence to violate the U.S. Constitution and the law by refusing to count certified electoral votes on January 6 

Part four: Trump improperly pressured state election officials and legislators to change their states' election results and undermine the will of the voters in their states by flipping the state from Biden to Trump. 

Part five: Trump’s team, including his lawyers, told GOPers across the country to manufacture fake slates of electors and send those fake elector slates to the U.S. Congress and the National Archives. 

Part six: Trump summoned and assembled a mob of supporters to D.C. and directly told them to march to the US Capitol. 

Part seven: Despite the violence against police and in the Capitol, Trump ignored myriad pleas for help and folks begging him to take immediate action to stop the violence and tell the MAGA mob to leave the Capitol. 

• • •