New "High Light" LED boards in production

Grow room design, HID, fluoro, reflectors, ventilation, ballasts and wiring.
dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 955 times
Received Karma : 745 times

Post by dill786 »

Prawn Connery wrote:
bentech wrote:its a tough call

But seriously, if you want to know anything about LEDs – and not just mine, but any LEDs – ask away and I'll try to answer. I'm getting pretty good at this stuff now.
:
i was watching youtube channel " greengenes gardens" he been using LEDs for a few years and i heard him say " the plants dont give a fuck about what colour the LED`s are"

what say you ??
Kuchisabishii

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

im still waiting to hear from those exploring this diligently
indoor cultivation seems to have stepped up evolution quite a bit
this seems to be a new and conciderable step in that direction
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

dill786 wrote:i was watching youtube channel " greengenes gardens" he been using LEDs for a few years and i heard him say " the plants dont give a fuck about what colour the LED`s are"

what say you ??
I say that's completely wrong. Are you sure he said that?

Plants have different morphogeneric responses to different spectra which is well documented. NASA has done a lot of experiments on the best spectra or RGB ratio to grow plants for the least amount of energy. Not all plant species respond the same, and emphasis on particular spectra will benefit some species over others. For flowering cannabis plants, you want lots of red, some far red, a smaller amount of green and about 10-15% blue. Green can have similar morphogeneric responses to red, but most of it is reflected off the plant into the lower canopy. But green is actually photosynthesised more efficiently than red and blue, which is why the plant doesn't need much of it. Red and Far Red combined have a multiplying effect called the Emerson Effect. The ratio of red to far red also has an effect on flowering. Red is photosynthesised more efficiently than blue, but blue light has more energy in each photon compared to green or red, so again not much is needed. Red promotes yield, stem elongation and leaf thinness, while blue creates tighter internodes with leaf thickening and stress responses – especially in the near-UV and UV range – that stimulate more cannabinoid and terpene production. That's what the percentage figures were in the first post.

You can read lots of stuff here: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi ... 009399.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Licensed to Krill

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Buy Prawn's shite... he's a good guy. ;0)
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

Post by Lrus007 »

i figured there is maybe a dozen people here.
so where's our free lights ? also fire sale was a joke..
since your country is on fire.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

smokebreaks wrote:Buy Prawn's shite... he's a good guy. ;0)
What better recommendation could you ask for? :toker1:
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Lrus007 wrote:i figured there is maybe a dozen people here.
so where's our free lights ? also fire sale was a joke..
since your country is on fire.
Ah, and here I was thinking y'all wanted a spam discount. :spam:

Luckily, I don't live in any of the bushfire regions.
Licensed to Krill

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

so i visited your sale site and had the numbers you posted on my mind, but i was either blind or more dumb than i already am .... :facepalm:

anyways i saw 2 versions of pcbs, red pcbs and uv pcbs, which is practical when you adjust your photons to your needs, like lets say the red ones for production and yield with fat indicas for example, or the uv for quality and lets say adjusted extreme sativas from the equator for example

but ... but ....

like most of us like diversity (no problem for me to have a titans haze standing next to a black domina - as i as a grower am able to adjust the domina hightwise to the titans in the means of lifting her pot so that both top buds have the same distance to the "photon producer" hehehe , luckily i am not tied to a fixed system which is nice for 1 strain crops only where everything is cloned to achieve the same morphological look) i am missing a pcb which has both chips uv and red as i want the best quality AND the most yield

further on i would like to have control of red and blue with a separate timer included, example :

white is always 12/12 , but i would like to control far red giving the plants 13/11 far red, so when white shuts of at 12/12, far red stays on an extra hour longer, considering uv, i would like to have em one day on the next day off, also i want to give only 6 hours of blue during "noon time"

that would be my starting light recipe for quality and yield, for sativas and for indicas, as well for everything else in between

as far as i understand the problem, it would have to run with separate drivers, i think your versions are fixed with one driver to make it more user friendly, and it depends on the driver that all 3 "colors" cant be driven with only one driver, and it would be a pita (for beginners) to have the possibility to control all 3 (uv,whit,red) especially with an integrated timer , seperatly for all 3

im sure you understand this problem, which starts occurring when growers dive more into photon science

will there be a chance to develop such a pcb with all 3 , having each one a timer and ideally only 1 driver?
im aware that a "control module" has to be put between driver and chip, but that would be my "dream configuration" white at 2500K - 3500K , uv (near uv , fuck it) at some 250nm - 350nm , and far red at 720nm , each a separate timer (which is capable doing a whole digital week, not just a daily 24h routine) and only 1 driver to keep wires at bay and to reduce confusion

its no problem to have this configuration the chaotic way (3 boards, 3 timers , 3 drivers) , but i would like to have it the professional version/choice

how high is the possibility to develop this "best" solution , to have this all in one , included with separate dimming (as i would like to give uv during veg too, but with less power than lets say in the last 3 weeks, where i would crank up blue to the max )

i wish i wish i wish ..... i mean im still in x-mas mood and new year was also around the corner where we all have better and bigger plans for this new year :tup:

so ?

when , what and how much ?

:whistle: :innocent: :smoke:
awoken the right way

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Hey deran, pretty much everything you mentioned has been considered. In fact, we've been talking about this a bit and concluded that the future of LED lighting will be to do many of the things you've suggested in an effort to mimic natural sunlight.

You are right that when the High Light boards were designed, they were specifically designed to have everything on one channel for economy and ease of use. And the features do do work: UV and near-UV for cannabinoids and terpenes, and a better red:far red ratio for yields.

There are multi-channel boards already on the maket, but as you say they need separate drivers linked to a programmable timer. I do know of multi-channel, programmable drivers, but we're not sure about their reliability at this stage.

ChilLed was one of the first LED manufacturers to do this and they still have a few systems left here: https://chilledgrowlights.com/our-produ ... controller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These systems use separate drivers and one modular controller that controls each of the three channels. One channel is white, the other UV and the other deep red (though it should really be far red, IMO).

Unfortunately they don't make these systems anymore because I'm guessing most growers weren't ready for it, and they were expensive and a bit complicated for the average punter.

Expense and market demand are the biggest hurdles. It's hard enough trying to convince growers that LEDs outperform HIDs – many are stuck in their ways – and even harder to convince them that they are worth the extra money.

So the short answer is yes, we could probably build you a system as described, but it would cost you. Have a look at the link I posted and have a look around ChilLed's site, including here: https://chilledgrowlights.com/yield-max ... ation-tool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If we were to do something like the above, my idea would be to have three separate LED products:

* A large full-spectrum white-phosphor LED panel or multiple strips with added 660nm for the main lighting channel and peak efficiency that would double as a stand-alone grow light;

* A near-UV/UVA strip (UV LEDs are another issue, as they are expensive and degrade fast – which is why we use near-UV LEDs) covering around 390-430nm.

* A dedicated Far Red channel for the Emerson and initiator effects.

Each product would require its own driver, but in an ideal world the UV and Far red strips would use similar drivers.

I would not put everything one one board as ChilLed did, as it locks the end user into that system and I really don't know if the market's big enough for that right now (as ChilLed likely discovered).

Having a dedicated white/red board would cater for most growers, whilst selling supplements would cater to those who want to take things further without impeding main board sales. We believe near-UV in the 400-430nm range is just as effective at stimulating cannabinoid and terpene production, and that is what the recent side-by-side test against UVA/UVB reptile bulbs has shown.

As always, it comes down to a balance between technology and market forces.

But hey, if you want us to build you something, we'll see what we can do :winky:
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

OK, so looking at ChilLED's Gen2 Controller, it looks like there is a fourth channel for Far Red that energizes for 15 mins after lights off, but I'd want it for 15 mins prior to lights-on as well, so I'd probably just use three channels for white/660nm, UVA and Far Red.

There are other driver control systems out there, but I haven't looked into them lately, so the above is just one example.

We could build you something based on this or at least give you a list of parts if you wanted to build your own. We don't have a lot of our own products at the moment, but that will change. And I know where to get good, cheap strips custom-made by another Aussie supplier.

You should build it yourself – that's half the fun ;)
Licensed to Krill