New "High Light" LED boards in production

Grow room design, HID, fluoro, reflectors, ventilation, ballasts and wiring.
dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 955 times
Received Karma : 744 times

Post by dill786 »

what about the spider farms lights??, ive seen a few reviews on youtube.. the dimming function is a bit fiddly sint it, you gotta have to unscrew the ballast and get a Philips screwdriver and turn anti-clockwise and then screw the ballast back again, surely there is a much easier way than that.....
Kuchisabishii

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

There is. Depending on the driver, you can add an external potentiometer (dimmer). There are two issues with that: the drivers are usually IP65 or IP67 rated, but the external dimmer is not (you have to waterproof it yourself); and most growers, once they've set their lights, hardly touch the dimmer again. So it's not like you are constantly playing with the dimmer anyway. Generally it is set and forget.

If you do need to adjust the dimmer, in reality all you are doing is removing a rubber cap, turning a screw, and putting the cap back on. It's not that hard.
Licensed to Krill

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Prawn Connery wrote:Following on from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12075" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yep, more spam Munchy :toker1:
CaliRoom.jpg
OregonGrow.jpg
As we sold out of the first run of Aussie-made High Light LED boards, we decided to make another production run. That run has sold pretty well and so the next logical step was to make a business venture out of it.

So we now have a new company – Grow Lights Australia – and a new website: http://www.growlightsaustralia.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The first pic is a room full of High Lights in Australia that produces 10-12lb every two months with 3200W of LED

The second photo was part of a side-by-side grow in Oregon that produced over 1200g in a 4x4. There were four tents in total, including a control tent, interestingly all three test tents yielded about the same. The main difference was the High Lights did it in a week less time (because they have a better Red:Far Red ratio), and with fewer watts (670W vs up to 730W) than the others.

Perhaps the most interesting thing to come out of the test were the cannabinoid and terpene test results. The High Lights produced very similar figures to the other tents . . . except the other tents had supplmental UVB and UVA, and the High Lights had none – they have near-UV/UVA LEDs already built into them.

Here are the results. The bold figures are the Quantum Boards (QB) used along with the added supplements. If you guys know anything about LEDs, you'll know Quantum Boards are the standard. Well, not any more.

6 x QB96 Elite, 1 x 28 diode FR bar, 2 x 4’ T5 30% UVA & 6% UVB
Total THC: 19.8%
Total CBD: 0.7%
Total Terpenes: 4.7%

8 x QB288, 4 x QB35, 1 x 28 diode FR bar, 2 x 4’ T5 30% UVA & 6% UVB
Total THC: 18.7%
Total CBD: 0.63%
Total Terpenes: 5.0%

8 x High Light UV
Total THC: 19.1%
Total CBD: 0.64%
Total Terpenes: 4.8%

Control – 3'x3' room with 4 x QB96, 4 x rapidled FR pucks, NO UV
Total THC: 16.6%
Total CBD: 0.52%
Total Terpenes: 3.9%

Bottom line is, these things work and you guys got to see them first :tup:

Well I mean fuck, it's not like I was going to waste my time starting a new Planet Ganja or anything :gadday:
Hey Prawn! :wave:

Once I decided to start growing again I came back to a place I knew (like a car chase where the driver inevitably returns to the neighborhood where they're familiar with the surroundings! :roflmao: ).

I came back specifically because I was aware of the dramatic advances in LED grow lights since my last grow (I still have my old gear), I wasn't paying particular attention to it, but I remained aware of the advances.

It's fantastic you've been able to venture out into commercial business. That's awesome!

I have a couple of questions. I went to your site and it gives dimension of the LED units themselves but I don't see how many plants each unit can support. You know, like a Xw light can grow X plants through flower.

Did I scan the text too quickly and just missed that information? There was some (A LOT) language I'm unfamiliar with, to be honest...so maybe it is in there and I just missed it.

And just one more thing, if you don't mind. The options. Why would "Splash-Proof LEDs" be necessary? I mean, you'd have to have a pool party splashing around to even expose the LEDs to any fluids, wouldn't you? I grew Hydro and I don't recall any wild splashing - it's been a long time, though ;-)

Why would a "External Dimmer (Not waterproof)" be necessary?

IF you can point me to this information you don't have to recite it to me, that would be very helpful!

I do wish you all the best in your venture, sincerely!

:smoke:

:wave:,
WHAB

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

Prawn - Donde estas? DO u have any intesne UV-B in ur boards? I made a few but understand the lifespan of UVB is relatively low comparatively to UVA. I see there is some UVB in ur testing. Also how about UVC? Have you tried utilizing in the boards to help rid of Powdery Mildew and possible other spore?

Also it is more harmful to humans but I must say experiment show UVB bang Trich Production.

I test run an LEP (Plasma) unit which has UV-B spectrum. Difference is notable :smoke:

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2159 times
Received Karma : 1584 times

Post by ripper5 »

Just picked this up at the local home improvement store, $50. The idea is this will be the veg light going forward.
Attachments
IMG_20220110_195640.jpg
IMG_20220110_195601.jpg

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

That will work, however you will find that the warmer colours grow faster. Unlike HPS, warm LEDs have quite a lot of blue light in them, so we normally recommend 4000K for veg or even 3000-3500K.

Also, have you thought of using T5 LED replacement bulbs? They have a better spread of light and are pretty cheap.

And don't get caught out by the bullshit on the label: that is NOT a 500W equivalent light. It may be equivalent to 500W of tungsten (in terms of photometric output) but what you have there is equivalent to about 100W of HPS/MH. Those cheap LEDs are not much more efficient than the most efficient HPS and CMH bulbs on the market. CMH has actually got a better spectrum and would be my preference over a 5000K LED, which lacks red light.

Not trying to burst your bubble mate, but the LED industry is a minefield of misinformation and exaggerated claims.
Licensed to Krill

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by ripper5 »

It's equivalent to 500w incandescent?
Yes, only equivalent to 250w metal halide which is what I believe I need for my 600w hps bloom setup. No bubbles bursted. :roflmao:
Do your boards come out of the box ready to go or is there assembly required. Those hangers definitely require installation. Is there a more ready to go version? Seriously interested. :volcano:
Last edited by ripper5 on Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by ripper5 »

Here ya go. I could easily double this by adding another.
Attachments
IMG_20220110_195701.jpg

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by ripper5 »

Vertical LED setups. You heard it here first, folks. :whistle:

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: spliff ninja
Has bestowed Karma : 442 times
Received Karma : 319 times

Post by Mister Grafik »

That's hilarious haha. I started clipping these to my pots in the winter.
Catch up Ripper, bro ! :grin:
C01.jpg
Also I look at GLA site pretty frequently - They have attachments for the sides of the tent / wall called buddies.
It's like a hybrid vertical method almost ~
.: the underdog is my dawg :.