What is happening here?

Insect control and prevention, plant diseases, PH issues, nutrient deficiencies and other plant problems. Problems with your plants? Ask here,share advice.
Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

What is happening here?

Post by Dick Fein »

I did spray this plant for bugs with the neem/endall mixture but not every plant I sprayed did this.
Attachments
wtf 005.JPG
wtf 001.JPG

Oldjoints

What is happening here?

Post by Oldjoints »

Looks like a transpiration problem. Are you having extreme heat right now? Excessive heat and a plant in stress will do this at times if sprayed with a horticulture oil.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

What is happening here?

Post by Dick Fein »

It has gotten warmer recently.
Do they recover?

Oldjoints

What is happening here?

Post by Oldjoints »

Yes they will recover. Make sure they are watered correctly but not overwatered. Once the heat subsides they will transpire easier and should be fine.

Roots

What is happening here?

Post by Roots »

Plants do weird things like that when they don’t know if they should veg or flower.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

What is happening here?

Post by Dick Fein »

I just learned about stress-induced flowering yesterday on facebook of all places. https://academic.oup.com/jxb/article/67/17/4925/2197656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Roots

What is happening here?

Post by Roots »

I would need to know the strain and be familiar with it and see whole plant pics....but they don’t look to be in aggressive vegetation right now.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

What is happening here?

Post by Dick Fein »

I have 4 of them in 2 back yards. 2 in my yard were sprayed and developed Fibonacci Syndrome (my idea) and the 2 in my neighbors' yard were not sprayed and are totally fine. I am going to cut my spray in half and hopefully, that will solve the problem. I have a real issue with moths and caterpillars this year. They killed a couple of broccoli plants before I noticed.

Roots

What is happening here?

Post by Roots »

Is the shadow that gets cast on the 4 plants the same...?

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 420 times
Received Karma : 517 times

What is happening here?

Post by Prawn Connery »

Roots wrote:Plants do weird things like that when they don’t know if they should veg or flower.
What he said.

Ethylene can also trigger plants to flower - not sure what else is in your spray. Just a guess.
Licensed to Krill