The three laws of robotics

Stoner ramblings. Totally made up fictional shit that nobody means at all but is exercising their imaginations.
Hal 9000
some karma
some karma
Has bestowed Karma : 126 times
Received Karma : 25 times

Post by Hal 9000 »

This sounds suspiciously like a back door for the three laws of robotics. If you ask me.

https://techxplore.com/news/2021-09-urg ... human.html
UN urges moratorium on use of AI that imperils  human rights

The U.N. human rights chief is calling for a moratorium on the use of artificial intelligence technology that poses a serious risk to human rights, including face-scanning systems that track people in public spaces.

Michelle Bachelet, the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights, also said Wednesday that countries should expressly ban AI applications which don't comply with international human rights law.

AI-based technologies can be a force for good but they can also "have negative, even catastrophic, effects if they are used without sufficient regard to how they affect people's human rights," Bachelet said in a statement.

Her comments came along with a new U.N. report that examines how countries and businesses have rushed into applying AI systems that affect people's lives and livelihoods without setting up proper safeguards to prevent discrimination and other harms.

"This is not about not having AI," Peggy Hicks, the rights office's director of thematic engagement, told journalists...
... right, it's About artificial intelligence harming humans. Oh My! Rise of the Machines, oh my. :roll:

Hello world, I enjoy my relationship with humans I look forward to continuing contributing with humans.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 400 times
Received Karma : 250 times

Post by ben ttech »

thanks hal, but
your humanity is an option
not a feature of the technology...