Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Smelling to good to be true?

Post by Butcher Bob »

roller24 wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:50 pm
If they were Jeeter brand pre-rolls this could explain....
https://mjbizdaily.com/lawsuit-alleges- ... c-potency/
THC testing is not accurate, otherwise there would be no deviation in results from different labs...
...nor is it a good measure of "potency", otherwise different strains with the same numbers would have the same level of high.

A testing company in Michigan is going thru the same thing...the state, the other labs, and cannabis business that don't use the company in question, are accusing it of inflating the numbers...
https://www.mlive.com/cannabis/2022/11/ ... proof.html

The state really doesn't have a leg to stand on in the discussion...state police labs have been inaccurately testing...always...every single test they've done. Not only is it's testing inaccurate, but the testing procedure itself falsifies the results by altering the individual components...
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... hange.html

And even though the state is aware of it's erroneous testing results, it still uses them against innocent folks...
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... -raid.html

Any of those test numbers you see, is a marketing ploy. Your best bet is to ask around...I know lots of folks that have gotten product at various dispensaries, and they are always happy to let you know their opinion of it. Also, sticking to strains you know you like, or staying away from ones you don't care for, will usually help...I've basically found strains from different sources (dispensaries/caregivers) to be very similar aboot 80-90% of the time.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1816 times
Received Karma : 1590 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Thanks Bob I already suspected numbers are marketing ,same old same old.

But what if someone like me who doesn't have much first-hand knowledge about the different strains. And walks into a candy store.

strains I had for sure are old Colombo, skunk, white widow maybe a few more I can't remember now, I'm pretty naive. And it's kind of hard to ask around if just passing through.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

"I learned half of what I know...from the worst teacher goin'...Experience"

Yeah, I know...a bit overwhelming. :p
First time I wheeled up to a dispensary, they had car hops...beginning of covid. Guy brought out their menu sheet...I just looked for strains I'd seen folks on these boards had talked aboot. Got 3 to try...something very indie, something very sally, and something very common...all ended up being solid average. I'll ask the bud tenders their opinion...they have no real reason to lie to you, they just want to match you with the type you like. I'm also not shy aboot striking up conversation with other customers, to see which ones they like. Looks and aromas are always checked, but especially now are less helpful for selection...everything starts to look and smell the same in the shop. Then I take any of that knowledge and apply experience...40+ years buying/selling/growing and paying attention to strains...to determine what info is helpful in making my decision. Not foolproof, but usually steers me clear of the bullshit. And now I'm up to 4 strains I'll just ask if they have: Gorilla Glue #4, Willie Nelson, Jack Herer, and Lemon Haze variants.
:smoke:

webeblzr
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 139 times
Received Karma : 175 times

Post by webeblzr »

Good links BB! Thank you.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1123 times
Received Karma : 1753 times

Post by Lrus007 »

funny on some oil's from store you add up
the numbers and is over 100% thc's
with terps added...
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.