Tokalot VI

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1804 times
Received Karma : 1579 times

Tokalot VI

Post by Intrinsic »

Sure, the something is called gravity, any sufficiently large mass.. planet, Sun, a moon, large asteroid..
My understanding that's how you tack with a solar sail.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Tokalot VI

Post by Intrinsic »

Yet another fire, this time I'm currently under voluntary fire evacuation, 2 miles down the road it's mandatory evacuation. Lot of air traffic.
So I got a fire to the east of me creeping up and I got a fire farther to the south of me which is slowly down and then I got the Yosemite fire I guess is under control but is moot at this point. Another emergency alert text message said "if you feel unsafe evacuate now, fast moving fire". Meh, I'm sticking around. maybe I should take some pics

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Tokalot VI

Post by rSin »

Oak Fire in Midpines (outside of Yosemite down Mariposa way) started and then exploded. 60 acres at 2PM, over a thousand acres by 7PM, and now estimated but not confirmed at 4000 acres. This is not good. Its burning east away from town and the highway, uphill in heavily brushy terrain. This could very well be one of the big ones, its got the markings. Hope they get a handle on it tonight. Fingers crossed and best wishes to all our friends possibly in the path of this beast in the making.
Attachments
oak fire midpines.jpg
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Tokalot VI

Post by Intrinsic »

Thanks man!
The main column smoke looks as it moved a distance away, west. this morning but things are getting kinda smokey tho. Still major air traffic.

as long as I've got electricity for my well pump I see no reason to leave, still have one viable bailout route. A CHP told me yesterday at the junction we could go out on the highway but they prefer we went out the longer dirt way., cuz of the amount of fire vehicle activity.

The governor declared it the state of emergency
Cal Fire stats @9:30am today:
14,000+ Acres. Zero contained. No life loss.
https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2022/7/22/oak-fire/

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 974 times
Received Karma : 765 times

Tokalot VI

Post by dill786 »

just recently found out that theirs a lot of Americans moving to Germany and loving it vowing never to go back to the states to live..

lots of Americans are moving to Europe in general but Germany is very popular, I don't blame them my uncle lived in Hamburg in Germany and my brother and I use to go and visit on school holidays and we loved it...
Kuchisabishii

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Tokalot VI

Post by rSin »

i hear it takes alot of money to do suscessfully...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Tokalot VI

Post by Intrinsic »

Okay this is crazy. for those who are unaware I'm in rightwing Maga County with a constitutional Sheriff who thinks he's above the law.

Soo we have this private heavly armed miltia group of kkkers types with Confederat flags and long guns that showed up to "help out" with the Oak Fire evacuations by stopping antifa looters. :crazy:

But they started turning away BLM marked fire trucks coming into the remote evacuation areas. Not understanding that it stands for Bureau of Land Management. thinking maybe.. Black Lives Matter have their own fire department? :crazy:
Here what the sheriff Jeremy Bries had to say. Knowing damn well some of his off duty dipshit deputies were part of it.
mariposa  sheriff.jpeg
SheriffBries.jpg
“Acting on their own courteous accord.” I didn’t know blocking BLM fire engines was courteous and helpful for structure protection.

There's a community meeting at the high school tonight with Cal Fire and other agencies to update the public and take questions. be curious if sheriff Bries shows up.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Tokalot VI

Post by rSin »

way back i spent almost an hour driving around a log processing lot in port angeles

musta been miles of em stacked in various sizes and states

rental car
the gate was open and nobody said nothing...

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Tokalot VI

Post by rSin »

saw this guy in a mask
was skin colored
except for a bare toothed leering mouth

glad i was 20 feet away...

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 974 times
Received Karma : 765 times

Tokalot VI

Post by dill786 »

I just recently read that the word "goodbye" is a contraction of the phrase "god be with you"

just like the Arabic word "asalama aleikum"
Kuchisabishii