Received Karma : 16 times

Best modern strains and seedbanks/breeders

Post by anu »

Oldjoints wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:15 am
And here we have some isolated males so I can make seed of the above strains:

F51E39FE-D0B5-4847-B24F-3277A82E0DE8.jpeg
great looking males
The notion of collective ownership implies a democratic approach to the utilization of resources - economic democracy.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

ripper5 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:49 pm
I agree Deran. That's why I'm going after old heirlooms instead of the latest, most thc laden frankenstein weed. Most folks don't want to grow 18 - 20 week sativas lol. Here's my latest cross done just for fun as I'm just a small hobbiest and not a breeder. BDxSD x WC4DD
i need at least a month to select for "anti" tollerance, for just 1 fucking genome ... it would take 3 years for some 30 specimens, of course you are working parallel in the de-selecting process, thats what seed sellers outsource to us, its ok for me, as the non pro approach, meaning no dumb lab in between, gives better results

for example ghost train haze, i was so curious and full of expectations and it was such an dissapointment, we all followed that thread at icmag and thought, yeah thats some good ass shit hardware, but .... but ... if you dont have the genome thats simply better, no hardware on earth will make up for that.... fucking marketing bullshit , worse than the "mean" term pollen chucker ...

but its so simple, back then you got only seeds from friends who travelled the world and every bean was something special and a surprise, none of it today, our old teachers gave us info on the whole global situation about genetics, and instead of using that knowledge, we "tiktok" some bullshit that sells, but wont last, for example GG, lets see if she is around in 20 years...
awoken the right way

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by deran »

Jesús Malverde wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:59 pm
Prawn Connery wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:17 am
MadMoonMan wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:08 pm
For example: When Blockhead first came out. I grew it I reviewed it. ..... Rule #1 when smoking Blockhead.... Do Not Drive for 30 MINUTES.... LOL
You can still get original Blockhead from Chimera. I might have some Blockhead seeds in my collection, but I can't remember, LOL! I do have a lot of Chimera genetics, mostly the stuff he got from Breeder Steve.
I grew Blockhead outdoors with no care or maintenance at all, did fine. One thing living in a legal rec state you learn pretty quick is there is no such thing as 'super weed' or "one toke" weed or anything like that. Flower tops out at high twenties percent and even those aren't massively stronger than the usual, common twenty percent stuff. All the shit you read back in the day about "super elite" strains that would incapacitate you or trip you out was just plain stoner bullshit.
im sure there are elites, meaning 1 in 100 or 1000 , once all 5 or 10 years ...

also there are combos i "dont get", had such an african story, i had a pretty high tolerance, u know bho level high, anyways when i smoked this cross for the very first time, it was more intense than shrooms, and not just me, found some "testers" who accused me of lacing weed with acid .... but .... the 2nd time i smoked her, and tomorrow and weeks gone by, nothing nearly similar of effect just an usual moderate sativa high that wasnt even extraordinary ...
awoken the right way

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

I rue the fact I didn't store my seeds properly from my early travels around Asia between 1990-1992. Back then I was smoking and collecting seeds from real landrace strains in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and the Philippines. I had a film canister full of seeds I didn't even know I had until my old Hong Kong girlfriend pulled them out one day and gave them to me as a wedding gift in 2002 when I married someone else (she was a good girl and genuinely no hard feelings).

I know you don't like Luc much, deran, but I sent those seeds to him for his gene library and not one of them sprouted unfortunately. The only good thing that came of them was I became friends with Luc at Paradise Seeds and have maintained that friendship for 20+ years. I've sent him landrace seeds from Laos since then, but they weren't great examples. The rest of the Thai/Cambodian pot I smoked from around 2008 onwards was hybrid Dutch because the so-called "strain hunters" had been in there and swapped Dutch genetics for landrace.

I'm afraid there's not much "true" landrace stuff left in Southeast Asia, but I haven't been back to those parts since the early 2010s.
Licensed to Krill

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by deran »

its true i didnt liked him, but actually i didnt liked me ;)

i wasnt ripe/old enough to understand some things, still naive for some things in my 50s lol
awoken the right way

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Join the club. I think we've all hit 50 (or more) by now. Funny to think back to how most of use met each other 20+ years ago on OG.
Licensed to Krill

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

SE Asian landrace and cultivar genetics are probably the least preserved in the modern commercial cannabis genepool. But there's good reason for that, they aren't practical to grow outside the tropics where all the markets are. And they probably no longer are, even there, except as an expensive to grow niche product. At least Thai and Vietnamese genetics found their way into some more practical hybrids.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

It's all we ever grew outdoors in the 80s. Grew great under the long-season Aussie sun. You can see the old Thai in some of the Aussie heritage strains like Mullumbimby Madness. It was definitely good pot. We used to call it "tripping grass" because it was pretty psychedelic and lasted a long time, like around 4 hours. I still remember my first Thai Buddha stick in 1983 – I haven't tripped like that very often since then. Fucking indicas.
Licensed to Krill

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

I can remember trying to grow sativa bag seeds in the temperate US. The Mexican and Columbian, you could sometimes get little immature buds at least. The Thai or Vietnamese stuff just grew tons of skinny-fingered leaves until the first frost did it in. They could get pretty huge, but you weren't getting buds off them.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2191 times
Received Karma : 1612 times

Post by ripper5 »

:toker1: