Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1828 times
Received Karma : 1597 times

Portland

Post by Intrinsic »

I think Trump meant the crowd kicked his ass, cuz they were not gentle with him, he has sins to atone for. When he says these people hate my guts it wasn't hyperbole.

And it's not like he got the full dose as Navy did.

Wall of Vets

https://twitter.com/i/status/1286884473934503936" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another huge crowd tonight in Portland, including a new "wall" on the front lines: a Wall of Vets. Here's a look at the line of military veterans getting set up here in front of the federal courthouse. Behind them, the Wall of Moms and the Wall of Dads are arriving

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Portland

Post by Intrinsic »

Trump sues Seattle to block ban on tear gas and impact weapons—and wins
by Mark Sumner
2020/7/25

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2020/7/2 ... s-and-wins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In 2011, the Obama administration sued the City of Seattle over repeated examples of police violence , undue use of force, and an unusually high number of officer involved deaths. After a nine month investigation, it was determined that Seattle police had “engaged in a pattern or practice of unconstitutional use of excess force.” The result was a consent decree that allowed the federal government to monitor police techniques in Seattle and, in language found in many attempts at police reform, insisted that the Seattle police use “de-escalation techniques, when appropriate and feasible, in order to reduce the need for force.”

On Friday night, the Trump White House sued the City of Seattle, on the basis of that language, to insist that the city cannot ban tear gas and 40mm “blunt impact projectiles” like the one that broke a protester’s skull and caused severe injury when deployed indiscriminately against a nonviolent crowd in Portland last week. In court, the federal government asked for a restraining order preventing the ban on these weapons from going into effect on the basis that taking away “less lethal” implements could mean that police use lethal force instead. They won. And all of this seems to suggest that Portland is not the only city in the Pacific Northwest about to be visited by unknown men in camo.

A nearly identical consent decree was made with Portland after the the Obama administration sued that city over undue use of force in 2012. After more than a year of investigation, it was determined that Portland police had applied unconstitutional use of force, especially in the way that the city dealt with people experiencing mental illness. Governor Kate Brown signed a ban on tear gas into law on July 1 … though that doesn’t seem to have stopped either the federal government or the Portland police from the further deployment of this chemical weapon.

Seattle’s ban on tear gas, “blast balls,” and impact weapons would have gone into effect on Saturday after weeks of discussion and planning. The fact that the DOJ intervened to prevent this action certainly suggests that Trump is at least keeping open the possibility of deploying federal forces into that city. And now, thanks to this ruling, gassing crowds and firing a weapon that regularly causes severe injury is officially a “de-escalation technique.”

Saturday, Jul 25, 2020 · 6:50:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time · Mark Sumner

It’s worth noting that the case was heard by the same judge who heard the 2012 case, District Court Judge James Robart. Despite being a George W. Bush appointee, Robart sided with the Obama administration in that ruling and caused Republican heartburn with a simple statement during the case: “Black lives matter.”

That Robart granted the temporary restraining order doesn’t mean that there won’t be a different outcome if the merits of the argument over whether tear gas is “de-escalation” move forward.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 936 times

Portland

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:I think Trump meant the crowd kicked his ass, cuz they were not gentle with him...
Oh I know what Trump meant...I just haven't seen it. :dunno:
The crowd was packed like the floor at a rock concert, but I haven't seen anything showing Wheeler encountering anything more than everyone else around him. And I noticed a couple large gents with ear pieces at his side.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Portland

Post by Intrinsic »

Sorry for all the Twitter links but things are happening too fast to make it to YouTube. Please do take a look at this video. Asking to honor the same oath is what Navy was asking also.
But these are contractors, may never have taken the oath. they're not soldiers, they're not police.

Disgusting. Trump's police force pepper sprays an unarmed Vietnam veteran at point blank range as vet described they atrocities government committed back then. Just like USMS & CBP are doing today. @VetsWall
https://twitter.com/i/status/1287317908784177155" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Awakening
When you discover the truth through the
door of betrayal, and become a global
citizen, it is as if you acquired a quantum
leap in intelligence. The world you once
lived in is no longer your primary residence.
Mike Hastie
Army Medic Viet Nam
Last edited by Intrinsic on Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Portland

Post by Intrinsic »

Portland, Singing nursery rhymes. 6000 strong.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Portland

Post by rSin »

Within.bounds.they.ignore
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Portland

Post by Intrinsic »

Donald J. Trump 18h
The “protesters” are actually anarchists who hate our Country. The line of innocent “mothers” were a scam that Lamestream refuses to acknowledge, just like they don’t report the violence of these demonstrations
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTr ... 0497083393" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ed4wF6qU4AEJDGy-1.jpeg
Ed4wF6qU4AEJDGy-1.jpeg (99.97 KiB) Viewed 984 times
'White supremacists' arrested while trying to amplify protest violence, Richmond mayor says
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7 ... #read-more" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We’ve had evidence for some time that right-wing extremists have been lurking at anti-police protests around the nation, amplifying the violence by engaging in vandalism, assaults, and attacks on police—often while pretending to be there to support Black Lives Matter and antifascists leading the protests.

This weekend in Richmond, Virginia, police arrested several such saboteurs during a Black Lives Matter protest, according to city Mayor Levar Stoney. “White supremacists” were carrying pro-BLM signs and breaking windows at downtown businesses, Stoney said, but were stopped when BLM protesters pointed them out to police

Stoney thanked the protesters who called it out. "As I began with, I want to send a thanks to the BLM protesters on the ground who decried the white supremacists once they were identified. I'm thankful to you for drawing the line and sticking up not just for the sanctity of your movement, but also the safety of your fellow Richmonders that you marched alongside as well," the mayor said.

Six people were arrested at the protest, but their identities have not been released.

In reality, “antifa” is definitively opposed to white supremacism, while the “Boogaloo boys” are primarily a far-right movement (including some white supremacists) that have been using the protests to widen their recruitment base by marching on the anti-police side.

Not only are white supremacists involved in the violence and property damage at the protests, but it’s clear that they are working multiple strategies to leverage the chaos into what they hope will be a democracy-destroying race and civil war. The tactics so far include:

Dressing up in clothing typically worn by antifascist demonstrators, mainly the all-black clothing and masks worn by so-called “black bloc” activists. This has been observed both in Portland and in Seattle, where well-known far-right “Proud Boy” street brawlers have been spotted and reported on social media.Turning up at protest demonstrations fully armed with body armor, often wearing the Hawaiian shirts that signify participation in the “Boogaloo” civil-war movement, and claiming to be sympathetic to the anti-police protesters (many “Boogaloo” enthusiasts are indeed violently disposed toward law-enforcement officers). This has occurred in a variety of places, including in North Minneapolis, in Salisbury, North Carolina, in Bentonville, Arkansas, as well as in Seattle and Los Angeles. The most notorious case occurred in Denver, Colorado, where a “Boogaloo Boi” was arrested by police at a protest with a large arsenal in the trunk of his car.Pretending to be antifascists or anarchists on the Internet, primarily with the purpose of duping the public into believing that antifascists were on the verge of attacking communities. One fake flier, spread around Olympia, Washington, offered people $200 to act as “paid protesters,” all of it ostensibly paid for by George Soros and the Open Society Foundation. The most glaring hoax was when a Twitter account calling itself “ANTIFA US” began posting wildly incendiary exhortations: “Tonight’s the night, Comrades. Tonight we say 'F--- The City' and we move into the residential areas... the white hoods.... and we take what's ours …” The account was taken down after Twitter ascertained it was associated with activists involved in the white-nationalist Identity Evropa organization. Despite being a fairly obvious hoax, it nonetheless duped Donald Trump Jr. into repeating the post on Instagram with a message supporting his father’s attempts to blame antifascists for the violence.

Police forces appear to be susceptible to these deceptive tactics. On Sunday, Portland Police tweeted out a photo of what it claimed were Molotov cocktails and gun magazines (with peculiarly fresh red paint on them), saying they found after someone at that evening’s anti-police protest in Portland pointed out a black bag them. The police bureau that had earlier succumbed to the “concrete milkshake” hoax did not appear to consider that these dubious devices may have been planted with the intention of framing the anti-police protesters.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Portland

Post by Intrinsic »

American police are terrorists. She is only 14-years-old.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1287773815330820097" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Videos of the peaceful wall of moms being thrown to the ground and brutalize by an identified Federal Stormtroopers

https://twitter.com/i/status/1287883780460433408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://news.sky.com/video/portland-pro ... t-12037583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

While this is going on here is what POTUS has to say
https://twitter.com/i/status/1287899822993879043" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So disgusting to watch Twitter’s so-called “Trending”, where sooo many trends are about me, and never a good one. They look for anything they can find, make it as bad as possible, and blow it up, trying to make it trend. Really ridiculous, illegal, and, of course, very unfair!

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Portland

Post by Intrinsic »

In the no-mans-land outside stood the fence: A thick, black iron installation, erected six days before, a dividing line between protester and protector, a stark separation between two radically different world views.

To the protesters, the men inside the battened down courthouse are at best thoughtless political minions, at worst murderous henchmen. To the agents inside, the demonstrators that pack the downtown each night are violent anarchists, an angry sea of humanity bent on hurting — or even killing — federal agents doing their job.

“It’s scary. You open those doors out, when the crowd is shaking the fence, and ... on the other side of that fence are people that want to kill you because of the job we chose to do and what we represent,” said a Deputy U.S. Marshal who has been protecting the courthouse for weeks. He requested anonymity.

..I wake up every night in sweat, reliving the attack ..
Vid, warning
https://twitter.com/i/status/1286941012972023808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:toker1:

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Portland

Post by rSin »

Seen The elijah McClain Killing?
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.