Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: spliff ninja
Has bestowed Karma : 442 times
Received Karma : 319 times

Episode II : Enter The Hellfire

Post by Mister Grafik »

Heya Butcher.
That was a strong spliff. Took me out the game for the weekend.

Hope you had a good one ~
Butcher Bob wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:47 am
Are you finding the pink pistils to be a subset of red stems?
i.e. All pink pistils have red stems, but not all red stems have pink pistils.
I am not finding the stem changing purple in flower correlated (small pool - not enough tests yet). In EPCK 04 flowering warm condition the stem doesn't purple as much, or the flowers. Will need to go through these next set of children I have and take a closer look. I am taking a closer look at the red hypocotyls. Also there is bright red in the skins of the joints. Not really a typical coloration from the plants its almost like a juice inside of the plant it seems. At first, I was looking for colored sap thinking that was having to do with the pink pistils. Kind of funny. I never found any colored sap in these plants. Even the ones I thought might have some.

This makes me think about the parents being typically higher CBD strains.
Butcher Bob wrote:
The mother, DJ's Blueberry, had red/purple in the stems, and a fair amount of purple in the calyxes.
The father, Sensi's Afghani #1, had no coloration...all green.
The progeny, the Hellfire, took after their dad...all green.
That is interesting. I do think Purpling / exotic coloration is recessive traits. I simply approach it like I would, creating an autoflower from photo x auto. That is the same way I have grown to try and catch the pink pistil / purple recessives when I am making some crossings.
Butcher Bob wrote:
Then when I crossed one of the male progeny, with a different Blueberry mother (from the same seed batch as the original mother), to create Blue Hellfire...Blueberry (mother #2) X [Blueberry (mother #1) X Afghani (father)] (father)...the coloration reappeared. Those progeny had the same red/purple coloration in the stems as the Blueberry mothers, and had various coloration in the calyxes...from all green to completely dark purple. Some of those progeny had way more purple flowers than either of the Blueberry mothers.

:smoke:
Can think of it like the Photo x Auto Example.

AA x aa = Aa - None of the progeny will be autoflowers

Aa x Aa = Aa - 25% of the progeny will be autoflowers

Aa x Aa = Aa - 50% of the progeny will be autoflowers

Aa x Aa = Aa - 75% of the progeny will be autolfowers

Aa x Aa = aa - 100% of the progeny will be autoflowers

When you are making one, the auto is recessive. But let's replace it with color....

CC x cc = Cc
All dominant green phenotypes.

The way you crossed with a mother from the original batch.. I think makes sense the recessive colors re-appeared. Regardless if she was green or purple. I'm stoned as hell. Does that make sense? Replacing the Auto x Photo with Green and Purple? Or in my case, pink and white

I was going to reply on Friday but took a bunch of pics for use to check out.

I think I shocked the EPCK04 that was outside. I am unsure what's going on but like I mentioned I will need a re-run of her. Really like the colors, and the flavors. Bubblegum / hash.

I finally revealed the fastest growing, sexiest one EPCK02. But I will need a re-run with her also.
She has some really show stopping features...

Time for another heavy spliff. And to upload some pics
.: the underdog is my dawg :.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Mister Grafik wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:18 pm
At first, I was looking for colored sap thinking that was having to do with the pink pistils.
:p. When I ran across those old photos, I was actually looking for an old photo of trichs that had purple resin in them, and a photo of the purple bud...both of which were from the Blue Hellfire batch.
I do think Purpling / exotic coloration is recessive traits.
...I have grown to try and catch the pink pistil / purple recessives when I am making some crossings.

The way you crossed with a mother from the original batch.. I think makes sense the recessive colors re-appeared. Regardless if she was green or purple.
Definitely recessive. But the group shot, comparing the difference between which strain is used for which parent, got me to wondering if the sex of the parent also affects recessive trait expression? :dunno: It would seem to...I just wonder aboot the difference in contribution between mothers and fathers. :confused:

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:58 pm
:p. When I ran across those old photos, I was actually looking for an old photo of trichs that had purple resin in them, and a photo of the purple bud...both of which were from the Blue Hellfire batch.
The plants look really nice. What were the genetics of the one with purple resin?
Butcher Bob wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:58 pm
Definitely recessive. But the group shot, comparing the difference between which strain is used for which parent, got me to wondering if the sex of the parent also affects recessive trait expression? :dunno: It would seem to...I just wonder aboot the difference in contribution between mothers and fathers. :confused:
It's an interesting question. Not sure if it does or not..
Time for some more controlled testing

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Mister Grafik wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:14 pm
What were the genetics of the one with purple resin?
Blueberry X (Blueberry X Afghani)
...so theoretically 75% DJ's Blueberry and 25% Sensi's Afghani.
It's an interesting question. Not sure if it does or not..
I know there are differences, just not sure what they all are.
For instance, I believe it was DJ that pointed out that males contribute more to the progeny's plant structure than the females contribute.
Would be nice if we had a road map of that stuff. :toker1:

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

EPCK-02-188.jpg

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:49 pm
For instance, I believe it was DJ that pointed out that males contribute more to the progeny's plant structure than the females contribute.
Would be nice if we had a road map of that stuff. :toker1:
DJ always has some great stuff. A roadmap would be pretty neat

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

EPCK-02-189.jpg
Last edited by Mister Grafik on Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2193 times
Received Karma : 1615 times

Post by ripper5 »

That is looking nice!! That's some heavy discussion too! Love it! Speaking of purple resin. Don't know if it was but the freebie GSC hermie I grew would smear purple on your fingers when handled? Almost just like if you rubbed a blackberry or someting.
Twas hardly any worthwhile bud on it though. That is some fine looking bud. :bonghitter:

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

ripper5 wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:43 am
That is looking nice!! That's some heavy discussion too! Love it! Speaking of purple resin. Don't know if it was but the freebie GSC hermie I grew would smear purple on your fingers when handled? Almost just like if you rubbed a blackberry or someting.
Twas hardly any worthwhile bud on it though. That is some fine looking bud. :bonghitter:
Thanks Ripper Man ~

That's pretty cool about the GSC. Resin stains. A couple low yielding strains have great smokes :smoke:

One thing I like about these strains in the Hellfire are the taste, and appeal. You can tell by looking though flower production is left to be desired as opposed to more modern hybrids. (pistil count, length etc).. They will get there though, one stage at a time! I think this is stage III? Or episode 2.5? I lost track..

Limbo is pretty neat. You grow to enjoy the quiet ~

:emp: