Solid Gold Butt Plug
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: SLIP IT IN
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 126 times

Open carry = open season for cops

Post by Solid Gold Butt Plug »

Unless you are really fast with moon clips, revolvers are about the least dangerous gun you could own….I can’t think of a single school shooting that was done with a revolver….Most revolvers only hold 6 rounds…..I would get rid of all semiautomatics long before revolvers.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

Solid Gold Butt Plug wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:50 am
I like the .357….The Roger GP100 is what’s known as a million round gun, it’s a very solid gun….The Smith & Wesson is just a nice gun.
I also have a bolt action and lever action .357, I like to have hand guns and rifles in the same caliber.
My next rifle was going to be a .357 Winchester 1892 lever. I've been putting it off because I'm spoiled with my 9422 and any other lever gun just feels clunky. My mate has a slicked-up Rossi which is quite nice.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Lrus007 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:47 am
everyone should carry
also should bring dueling back
thin the herd so to speak.
2 years tops, people be nicer..
It's funny, you often hear people in the US quote Heinlein: "An armed society is a polite society".

I've been in Japan the past week and they are truly the most polite society on earth. No-one has guns. Cops don't carry them and I can't even find a gun club or shooting range to let off a few rounds.
Licensed to Krill

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:18 pm
Unless you are really fast with moon clips, revolvers are about the least dangerous gun you could own….I can’t think of a single school shooting that was done with a revolver….Most revolvers only hold 6 rounds…..I would get rid of all semiautomatics long before revolvers.
the 'men' in the family have all the old lady hyped up to get 9mil auto. two of them were so poorly instructed they took handgun butts to the face their first shot on the range

i told them go to the store that has a whole row of handgun grips for you to walk down to find the ones that fit your hand comfortably. next i agree with a revolver to which i would add get a hammerless one. theyre basically a 'get the fuck off me' weapon which you cannot cock and then accidently fire

you dont need target practice with them so much as you just need to become comfortable pointing and shooting
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Solid Gold Butt Plug
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: SLIP IT IN
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 126 times

Post by Solid Gold Butt Plug »

Revolvers are simple and reliable.

I understand where Jesus is coming from, something needs to change in the States, but revolvers are not the problem.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

I'm surprised the lil ol 9mm kicked someone in the face. They're cheap and fun and pretty mild, but they're not far behind most other semi-auto rounds in terms of penetration. A lot of police forces went back to 9x19mm from the 10mm calibres because they are easier to follow up on target (less recoil) and just as deadly close-up.

Owning hand guns is really hard work in Australia. You'll only get one if you're a member of a club after six months and have to shoot it a certain number of times a year or lose it. They have to be kept in a stronger safe (6mm steel vs 3mm) compared to long arms.

There's also not much you can do with them. You can't get a licence to hunt with them. You can't (legally) own one for home defence – not that you really need one for that in Australia. You're better off with a short-barrel .38/.357 lever or shotgun. Can't own pump-action shotguns either in Australia.
Licensed to Krill

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:24 pm
I'm surprised the lil ol 9mm kicked someone in the face.
as was i,
my take was it was a function of how poor the instruction they got at the range prior to pulling the trigger the first time more than their age and muscle.

ie, the blind leading the poor
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:30 pm
Revolvers are simple and reliable.

I understand where Jesus is coming from, something needs to change in the States, but revolvers are not the problem.
Seems to me the real issue is letting everyone carry them around on the street and everywhere else they go. If you need a firearm for home defence, it should be left at home. But it's a Catch-22 – you only need them for home defence in the US because there are so many firearms to begin with.

I think it's cultural, too. Americans seem to be shit-scared of everything. It's one of the only places I know where people talk about "home-defence" and "street protection" and shit like that. We never talk about that stuff here.

"Oh yeah, I go me a sweet samurai sword by the door and a bowie knife by the bed and a long-handled axe next to the fridge just in case some arsehole decides to break in and try it on."

^ Never happens. Some people keep the odd baseball bat by the door, but they're the kinds of people who know someone who might try to bash them in their own home for various reasons.

I must admit I'd probably be scared too if I knew everyone around me was potentially carrying a concealed weapon and I didn't know their intention. All I have to worry about is some random drunken yob trying to take a swing at me on a night out because he thinks my wife is too pretty for me.
Licensed to Krill

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2191 times
Received Karma : 1612 times

Post by ripper5 »

Here's an idea! Start showing the bloody carcasses on the evening news.

Does America Need an Emmett Till Moment to See How Children are Mutilated by AR15s?
https://hartmannreport.com/p/does-ameri ... medium=web
It’s time for America to confront the reality of gun violence. And all my years working in the advertising business tell me that a graphic portrayal of the consequences of their products is the greatest fear of America’s weapons manufacturers and the NRA.

We did it with tobacco and drunk driving back in the day, showing pictures of people missing half their jaw or mangled and bloody car wreckage, and it worked.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1680103555833.jpg

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2191 times
Received Karma : 1612 times

Post by ripper5 »

Typical."It’s blasphemy!!" :loony:
Too bad they don't get this upset over the actual shootings.