Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

'your free to go' ?!?!

Post by rSin »

what the fuck?!?!

ya i know, shopping at a big box
build the cross and i will help drive the nails

so im second in line after the register to get out past the guy checking receipts. you know they do that to help prevent employees stealing? ya...

anyway,
the guy ahead of me has a box and a couple items, and its taking forever
seems he'd pay'd for something inside the store, not at the main registers so he had a couple reciepts to juggle

normally i do the maven and just brush on past THAT person but tonight im not in a hurry and dont want to give anyone ammo saying im an asshole

so i spoke up 'what the problem?'

the ticket guy and the african american man hes shaking down just look at me

the ticket guy then said 'your free to go' and i was insulted
nobody pulls that kind of shit in front of me

'im free to go?!?!!?... why the fuck am i free to go and this man (i point at the guy ahead of me) isnt???

they both just stare at me' i continue

'i could be stealing all kinds of shit and your just going to give me a pass because you decided that you need to be extra cautious with this (then i stopped and asked him his name; Matthew) man?????

again they both just stare at me.

i decided then to walk around my cart to get closer to whats going on and proceeded 'your telling me your job is pure bullshit and that your free to discriminate as your will in doing it. thats against the law and whats more you did it in front of me. fuck you, im not having it, if i didnt say anything yourve enlisted me to helping validate your discrimination.'

again, blank stares.
the ticket guy is middle eastern so i said

'you know my family and my old friends have a name for your ethnicity; starts with the word for dirt nothing grows in and ends in an extremely vile word Mathew has probably heard a few times. you (i then asked him his name; Siad) are on the same chopping block as Mathew and its egregious you getting here and some measure of power to do wrong rather than good'

again blank stares; i put me foot down.

'i want to hear 4 things out of you Siad otherwise i want to see your manager...... i want you Siad to turn to Mathew and say "i am sorry, i made a big mistake, i apologize, you Mathew are free to go'

we all stood there for another 30 seconds

i felt like i was channeling maven
all except for im way cool and if heated your never going to see it other than in the precise words i use

Siad then turns to Mathew and say 'im sorry, i made a mistake, you are free to go'

good on him; i am satisfied.
really should have stuck around to drive the point home to management but the black guy i was offended for at seeing him discriminate against looked like he just wanted to get out of there;

who can blame him.
obviously he deals with it constantly and most of those times much worse

and to think that could all have been avoided if Said had been trained not to discriminate in the way he though his employer wanted

i always park way out in the lots boonies
i like walking and cutting down on things ive got to worry about whenever possible
as i make the journey to my truck

the sun had set and the sky was full of those clouds it always kisses goodbye in dramatics we are free to observe and wonder at

that is if we think to...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

'your free to go' ?!?!

Post by Butcher Bob »

It's a fuk'd up job...
...legally, the customer is not required to show proof of purchase...4th amendment violation...
...however...legally, security has the right to detain you...just like a cop.
Sort of a catch22, for both the employee and the customer. :dunno:

Me?...I always talk with the "greeters"...best to make a friend..."See you next week." :)

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

'your free to go' ?!?!

Post by rSin »

they way it was explained to me in the early 90's was at the big box constructin supply houses. an employee at a register could work in concert with a person pushing their cart through. they would pay for all the little shit but the tools in their cart the register person could conveniently forget to scan

i caused a number of incidents way back then when i refused to wait in the post register line and then when confronted id look at the guy and say 'oh good your here! i d like assistance loading my truck with the MATERIALS I JUST FUCKING PAID FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!'
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Solid Gold Butt Plug
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: SLIP IT IN
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 126 times

'your free to go' ?!?!

Post by Solid Gold Butt Plug »

“ legally, security has the right to detain you...just like a cop.”

All they can legally do is trespass you from the store, I would like to see someone try to detain me without using tasers.

Solid Gold Butt Plug
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: SLIP IT IN
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 126 times

'your free to go' ?!?!

Post by Solid Gold Butt Plug »

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

'your free to go' ?!?!

Post by Butcher Bob »

Eh, don't know aboot all that...:dunno:
Being from MI, I tend to get much of my legal info from Lehto's Law.
While I greatly simplified the points to illustrate the circular reasoning...
...it is what he is saying, as he too is pointing out the circular dilemma...

And an actual incident in OH...

This was of interest to me because I have "They're not searching me!" friends, and I wanted to know the legal ramifications if they were to act up and things went south. Safety first. :)

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

'your free to go' ?!?!

Post by rSin »

before homeclub and home depot and lowes there was this one big box hardware store called contractors warehouse.

they had signs up explaining that each register would be manned by two employees. they didnt say this was to help prevent employees assisting theft. what they did say was that two employees on seperate registers were slower than two at one register.

that place was the first place i ever confronted an employee at the door trying to double check my purchase.

i would blow past them with a snicker and if they dared follow me id say 'oh good! i need someone to help me load my materials onto my truck'

i remember a few times when they insisted they needed to see my receipt i said ' i just paid for these materials and the receipt is in my pocket; both the materials and the receipt belong to me the second the girl at the register handed it to me'

' your telling me i dont own either after ive purchased and put my wallet away; that is fucking bullshit but even if it isnt where is the sign explaining to the customers this???'