Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

Renewable energy?....not so renewable.

Post by Prawn Connery »

So how much plutonium does the average person need to eat and – more importantly – who the fuck is going to break into a nuclear reactor to steal plutonium to eat in the first place?

What you're really saying is that it is no more dangerous than rat poison. Indeed, it is less dangerous than rat poison because rat poison is freely available – as are any other number of toxic substances freely available.

So what, exactly, is your point about plutonium half-life? It is not that radioactive, and no-one is going around eating the stuff, so how – exactly – is it more dangerous than any other toxic substance used in daily life?

Apparently Queen Elizabeth held a piece of plutonium in her hand in 1957 and it only took her 65 more years to die!
Plutonium is radioactive, but it doesn't seem that harmful at first glance. It looks like any other metal, with a silvery sheen that turns dull in contact with the air. Queen Elizabeth II held a piece during a visit to Britain's Atomic Energy Research facility at Harwell in 1957. It was warm to the touch, but it didn't hurt.

According to the World Nuclear Association(opens in new tab), even eating it doesn't really do any harm, although it's definitely not recommended.

Plutonium atoms fall apart through a process called alpha decay. They release particles made from two neutrons and two protons (essentially a helium nucleus). They're so bulky that they can't pass through human skin. Left to its own devices, plutonium decays slowly. The real danger comes when humans interfere.
https://www.space.com/what-is-plutonium
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

You guys are banging on like its the most toxic substance on earth when it isn't.

Never let the facts get in the way of a stupid argument, am I right?
Licensed to Krill

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Hollywood = science?

Umm . . . .
Licensed to Krill

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Yeeeah :rolleyes:

I'm gonna chalk you up as willfully retarded....making you, part of the problem. :facepalm:

Got kids?....for their sakes, I hope not. :frown:

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

You're not very good at this intelligent debate stuff, are you Bob?

"retarded" "moron" < we left that shit behind in primary school. You can do better than that.
Licensed to Krill

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:19 pm
What topic, Bob?

What the fuck else was the human race supposed to burn to keep warm 200,000 years ago?

Blah blah blah...impact on the planet...blah blah blah...
Now you pretend like you're all altruistic and concerned about future generations? Blah blah blah...anthropomorphic climate change...blah blah blah...planet heats up at the fastest rate in recorded history...blah blah blah...

Blah blah blah...nuclear energy. Blah blah blah. We have already learned how to harness it. Blah blah blah...it IS being done...blah blah blah...
We were alright 200,000 years ago...wood was renewed faster than we burned, and all negative effects were filtered by nature...so no additional costs were passed to future generations. Then at some point greed kicked in and we decided not to pay ALL of the costs of what we use, but rather decided to pass much of the true costs onto future generations. We are living well beyond our means, on the backs of the unborn, who will eventually pay, one way or another.

I'm the one pretending, eh? :roflmao:
You advocate for military action, the #1 contributor to "global warming".
We just saw the solution. During the little lock down, when non-essential production and services were shut down...analysis of the earth's atmosphere and waterways showed they started to improve. How long did that shit last? All the scientists on the planet couldn't stop the masses from consuming their useless shit. Guess future generations can pay for that too eh? :facepalm:

Well you say we can...I'm just asking when you expect those nuclear accidents will reach complete clean up?
...or are you just talking shit again? :p

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

we were still ok well into our coal phase but oil did us in accompanied by open pit and mountaintop removal coal extraction. plutonium is insanely toxic AND radioactive enough for every particle of it dispersed via bomb explosion is a death waiting to happen should a human eat or inhale one

holding plutonium in your hand wouldnt subject you to your tissue afterword harboring a hot particle for these rest of your soon to be short life...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Plutonium is not "insanely toxic" – and that's the whole point. You guys need to separate fact from fiction. Until you can look at things objectively instead of hysterically, you're just going to sound . . . hysterical.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 2:25 pm
We were alright 200,000 years ago...wood was renewed faster than we burned, and all negative effects were filtered by nature...so no additional costs were passed to future generations. Then at some point greed kicked in and we decided not to pay ALL of the costs of what we use, but rather decided to pass much of the true costs onto future generations. We are living well beyond our means, on the backs of the unborn, who will eventually pay, one way or another.

I'm the one pretending, eh? :roflmao:
You advocate for military action, the #1 contributor to "global warming".
We just saw the solution. During the little lock down, when non-essential production and services were shut down...analysis of the earth's atmosphere and waterways showed they started to improve. How long did that shit last? All the scientists on the planet couldn't stop the masses from consuming their useless shit. Guess future generations can pay for that too eh? :facepalm:

Well you say we can...I'm just asking when you expect those nuclear accidents will reach complete clean up?
...or are you just talking shit again? :p
I know it's your MO to constantly change the goal posts, but I'm not playing.

I advocate for the right of countries to defend themselves. You advocate for Ukraine to roll over and be fucked up the arse by Russia. We've already seen the atrocities committed by Russia in occupied Ukraine. You're OK with that. i'm not.

As for the rest of your dross, you've just created an entire thread complaining about shit for which you offer no solution. What a useless, pointless rant.

"Oh, won't someone think of the children!"

Yeah, whatever. Unless you kill yourself, you're part of the problem. I bet you have kids and grandkids, too. How many resources do they consume?
Licensed to Krill