Page 1 of 1

Thin Mint Jealousy, Sunset Sherbet, Oreoz & Cheetah Piss

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:41 pm
by Munchy
Thin Mint Jealousy
THC 42.20%
Thin Mint Jealousy - Thin Mint Cookies x Jealousy - Seed Junky Genetics Medium and large sized pieces of dark purple and sandy green flower formations. Buds are dense and triangle shaped with protruding nodes, like hills on a mountain. Flowers are covered in shimmering silver resin glands and forested in red hairs. Opening the jar to prepare the flowers for consumption releases bright aromas of grape bubble gum, pink hand soap and juicy red plums. Smoke is earthy and expansive with complex flavors of sandalwood, lemongrass and melted mint ice cream. Effects are tranquilizing and begin with a compressive cerebral experience that slowly builds in the shoulders and knees. Perfect as a replacement for Chile Verde or Kush Mints. Created by Seed Junky Genetics, this strain is a cross of the staple Thin Mint Cookies and the new hitter Jealousy. This harvest takes the herbaceous and hashy hints from the Thin Mint Cookies, and layers in the dessert forward creamy fruity notes from the jealousy; to create an indica dominant strain with unique flavor and excellent felt potency. The amount of limonene and pinene in this harvest create a lung filling resinous smoking experience that is perfect for rolling up for a hotbox session or packing bowls as you watch the sunset, smoke trailing in the light like a lava lamp. *This % may represent an aggregate of THC/CBD, THCa/CBDa, THCb/CBDb within the product. Consumers should review the actual product label for exact % of THC/CBD.
Thin Mint Cookies x Jealousy
32%-38% THC
 5/5
Introducing: Thin Mint Cookies x Jealousy
Classic crusher meets the new hall of fame inductee. Once again, Seed Junky Genetics brings the fire with this fantastic genetic offering. Producing THC results in the 32-38% range, the combination of potency and experience make this a perfect strain combo for anyone looking to inject a little refreshment into their universe.
The Strain Origin
Hailing from the strain world of Girl Scout Cookies, Thin Mint Cookies provides that legacy outlook from which its’ reputation has been built upon. Combining that staple with the cutting-edge approach from Seed Junky Genetics instant-classic Jealousy strain, it’s hard to falter choosing this Sattva selection as your next jar.
The Smell, Taste, and Effects of Thin Mint Cookies x Jealousy
Combining a legend of old and new, these two strains bring out a full flavor, full bodied smoke that provide an even and thoroughly freeing experience. The aroma tantalizingly walks the edge of sweet meets pepper with a touch of floral earthiness. The appearance is a beautifully coated flower revealing a swirling combination of dark green, purple and orange shades.
Almost instantaneously upon first inhale, feel the calmness wash over your being, unravelling the threads of pain and stress with each passing minute. Transporting to this improved headspace provides an opportunity for calm assessment and personal reflection, while still maintaining the upbeat, clean and clear headspace that provides quality enhancement to most any scenario that calls for a little extra breathing room.
The dominant terpenes in this strain are: Pinene, Limonene, Ocimene, Linalool and Bisabolol.
:gadday:
TMJ01.JPG
TMJ02.JPG

Thin Mint Jealousy & Sunset Sherbet

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:17 pm
by Munchy
Recipe-420-Potting-Soil.jpg
RECIPE 420 POTTING SOIL

Our soil crafters and professional growers got together to develop Recipe 420 Potting Soil as a high-performance mix.

Our 100% natural and organic formula provides the ideal conditions for plant growth. Here we’ve created a potting soil with excellent moisture retention and air-filled pore space encouraging root growth for your most valuable crops.

Recipe 420 Potting Soil – 100% Natural & Organic and is ready to use right out of the bag. Recommended for outdoor growing.

Contains Aged Fir Bark, Coir, Sphagnum Peat Moss, Pumice, Earthworm Castings, Seabird Guano, Crab Meal and Humic Acids.
perlite.jpg

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:41 pm
by rSin
i see those high 30's and 40's percent strains in the shop sometimes but i cant afford them.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:18 pm
by Munchy
my 1st SCROG :woohoo:

any tips for tucking, or is it just about as simple as it looks? :confused:

1srt SCROG.JPG

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:21 pm
by Lrus007
just weave them thru net. use some twist ties to hold to net
where needed so can weave in. after you get screen 1/2 way
filled out. trim off everything under the screen. hope this helps.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:51 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
I’m sure Roller and Bob could give you tips on tucking.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:13 pm
by Munchy
Solid Gold Butt Plug wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:51 pm
do they scrog? :confused:

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:34 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
They’ve been transitioning in to it.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:53 pm
by roller24
Please don't sully the grow threads.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:58 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
I didn’t realize he was talking about branches.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:07 pm
by Munchy
Lrus007 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:21 pm
thanks, but I heard that weaving can make harvesting very difficult,
and I'd like to re-use this net, by chopping off the branches instead of the net
but I do have a 200m roll of twist ties, and 40" to get around and work under the net :toker1:
twist ties 200m.jpg
twist ties 200m.jpg (4.39 KiB) Viewed 291 times

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:09 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
Each strain is different.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:25 pm
by roller24
I never tucked. but I would think that you would just train the top of the plant to remain beneath the net as it grows, and the side branches grow upwards to form the spike garden. I would think the only challenge being the bending/training of the top to fill the majority of the lit area.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:56 pm
by Prawn Connery
Munchy wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:18 pm
my 1st SCROG :woohoo:

any tips for tucking, or is it just about as simple as it looks? :confused:

1srt SCROG.JPG
Have you flipped to 12/12 yet? If not, you should, as those plants will at least double in size so the net might already be too low if you are still vegging.

The basic idea is to bend the taller branches over, underneath the net, and then let the net hold the branches horizontally before each node starts to grow up again through the net to form multiple tips. This opens up the plant and allows the shorter branches to get light and catch up to the taller branches. You don't necessarily have to "weave" the branches, just bend them over under the net. All the nodes along the branches will then form their own vertical branches that will grow up to form new bud sites. Try to even things out to form an even canopy of bud sites under the light.

Here's my latest scrog at 8 weeks. You can't see the net because all the buds have overgrow it, but you can pull the net right off at the end of the grow.
IMG_0266.jpg
On a related note, most of the Thin Mint Cookie genetics I've grown have either turned hermaphrodite or produced stamen with unviable pollen. It is a nice cut – not a great yielder and very stretchy – but is prone to hermaphrodism. The problem is, that fucking cut is in nearly every modern strain these days. Keep an eye on the lower nodes coming of the main stem, as this is generally where the TMC cut will herm first.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:00 pm
by Prawn Connery
rSin wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:41 pm
i see those high 30's and 40's percent strains in the shop sometimes but i cant afford them.
There are lots of tricks to producing 30%+ THC results. Over-drying, trimming the shit out of the samples to physically remove all leaves and signs of stem. There is no testing standard that I'm aware of, so it is possible to manipulate the results.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:27 pm
by Lrus007
Munchy wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:07 pm
Lrus007 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:21 pm
thanks, but I heard that weaving can make harvesting very difficult,
and I'd like to re-use this net, by chopping off the branches instead of the net
but I do have a 200m roll of twist ties, and 40" to get around and work under the net :toker1:

twist ties 200m.jpg
then just twist tie them to the net on top.
glad some one chimed in that knows about it more.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:34 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
“Have you flipped to 12/12 yet? If not, you should, as those plants will at least double in size so the net might already be too low if you are still vegging.”

You should mono crop scrog grows because in his case he has two strains that have way different pre flower stretchs. I’ve grown Sunset Sherbet, it’s a short little indica.

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:45 pm
by Munchy
Prawn Connery wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:56 pm
Have you flipped to 12/12 yet? If not, you should, as those plants will at least double in size so the net might already be too low if you are still vegging.
Thanks, but this is in a greenhouse, and I don't have black-out cover for it yet.
Daylight here is currently about 5:30am to 9pm, but they'll probably begin flowering in just a few weeks.
maybe they'll have enough time to fill up the screen pretty well.
things might get interesting... hopefully no hermies though, that would suck
I can re-deploy my white net as a secondary if needed, or just make hangers to support the tops
and I have an idea how to lower or step-down the remaining screen for the next row, using these long pvc pipes

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:42 am
by Prawn Connery
~Juice!~ is probably right about the Sunset Sherbet. I haven't grown it, but a lot of these strains are coming from the same Thin Mint Cookies cut being crossed and back-crossed to each other. One of the TMC crosses I grew (x Wappa = Skunk) did stretch out, while the other (Sweetopia = Citral x TMC) did not stretch as much, but still doubled in size. It's hard to tell until you grow something, because even different phenos from the same seed stock behave differently.

Tangerine Sorbet (TMC x Wappa)
IMG_9589 copy.jpeg
Sweetopia (Citral x TMC) are the two plants directly in front. They did display quite long internode lengths
IMG_9861 copy.jpeg

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:13 pm
by Butcher Bob
Munchy wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:13 pm
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:51 pm
do they scrog? :confused:
Prawn's got you covered. :)

I always SOG'd or bushed...never ScrOG'd. :dunno:

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:50 pm
by Prawn Connery
SOG = Sea Of Green = multiple plants densely packed, usually with one main cola per plant and flowered after minimum veg time

SCROG = SCReen Of Green = single (or multiple, but fewer) plant/s tied down and trained to produce a large canopy after an extended veg period

You probably SCROGged and didn't know it :wink:

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:41 pm
by Butcher Bob
Fully aware...never ScrOG'd. :wink:

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:00 pm
by Prawn Connery
Butcher Bob wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:41 pm
I don't think you are, Bob. Because you can't SOG a single bush.

This is for your benefit:

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:59 am
by Prawn Connery
Butcher Bob wrote:
OK, this is a grow thread, so I'd better be nice to you and give you the benefit of the doubt :toker1:

I've never SOGed myself, but there are (still) very serious penalties for large plant numbers over here, regardless of how big they are, so we have to try to stay under those limits.

I will add that SOGing is one of the best-yielding techniques because it diverts the least amount of energy to root mass. Large plants need large roots, and the deeper/further away from the plant, the more energy required to build the roots and then transport nutrient back to the plant.

SOGing works by enabling a smaller/shallower root mass to serve each individual plant. It also saves a lot of time by reducing veg periods - further saving plant energy and allowing more rotations/harvests a year (perpetual grows aside).

If I could, I would.

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:49 am
by Butcher Bob
Prawn Connery wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:00 pm
Butcher Bob wrote:
I don't think you are, Bob. Because you can't SOG a single bush.

This is for your benefit:

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:57 am
by Prawn Connery
Here's what mine looked like a week later when I removed the net. This one plant overgrew the tent. There was another good-sized haze in there that was a bit more on the indica side, but the other plants got crowded out. This bastard is still growing and will be at last another 1-2 weeks (currently at 10 weeks of flowering). At least I know which pheno I'll be keeping. haven't smoked it yet, but I expect it to have that old-skool "rocket ship" high that launches you and makes your heart race faster as you hang on for the ride. Lasts a good 4 hours, too. At least, that's what it's sister plant was like when I first grew her 15 years ago.

Did I mention these were 15-year-old seeds?

The point is, I didn't have too much trouble re-using the net like you're planning to do.
Haze9weeks3.jpg
Haze9weeks4.jpg
Haze9weeks5.jpg

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:44 am
by rSin
you gotta have your clone ing down and great to sog
happy mothers ready to spit out a hundred branches to clip and prop

fucking awesome
thought the technique had become nothing but speculation given plant numbers in the days of threat of prosecution made it a no no

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:07 am
by Prawn Connery
rSin wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:44 am
you gotta have your clone ing down and great to sog
happy mothers ready to spit out a hundred branches to clip and prop

fucking awesome
thought the technique had become nothing but speculation given plant numbers in the days of threat of prosecution made it a no no
The Dutch were big on SOGing back in the day as it's a very efficient way to grow. I also forgot to mention that it uses very little head space, so you can have a very large canopy that is not very tall, which was an advantage in the days of HPS lamps that couldn't be mounted too close.

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:40 pm
by rSin
oh believe me prawn i got all that decades ago and was so fucking down for it but back then they kill you on plant numbers and i never had a place i could grow, only advise and learn

say,
perhaps you recall but i was alway hip to the vertical lighting. always wanted to try grown 4 plant each tucked into the corner of a square 'room'

i know you can bend the shit out of any branch but it occured to me that i might prove beneficial to nip all the branches that wanted to grow on the side of the plant not facing the center of the space. not sure how to describe it but you get 4 branch direction, two would be easy to bend but that four aught to just be nipped off

is it true some scrog go straight from rooted clone to 12 and 12?

hope your well btw

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:43 pm
by Prawn Connery
Yeah, a lot of SOGs would go straight from rooted clone to 12/12 or after a minimal veg period to establish the clones in their new media. An average grow might be 1-2oz per plant, which would basically be one big cola.

I never really trimmed or pruned my vertical grows. I got asked a lot about "turning" the plants, but it wasn't necessary. Plants grow where there is light, so there is no need to turn them to face the light on a regular basis as they simply grow where there is light and don't grow where there is none. There is also a certain amount of penetration through to the dark side.

However, I still SCROGed my vertical grows, so I would have a circular trellis made up of a tube of square fencing wire wrapped around the vertical bulbs, and then the plants around that so that they could grow into the trellis that kept them away from the bare bulbs. I would weave the branches through the trellis to fill the gaps.

There is another 600W bulb below this one for a total of 1200W
HazeHarvestSideCloser.jpg

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:25 am
by Lrus007
sog in beer cups. ya i have done it. average 20 grams a cup.
was either 48 or 52 cups fit under 1k been a while.

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:51 am
by ripper5
:grin: From seed autoflower. It's not a cup but it's only a couple sizes bigger than a cup. It's not getting transplanted

Thin Mint Jealousy, Sunset Sherbet & friends

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:28 pm
by Munchy
got about 420+ holes to fill :toker1:
SCROGGIN.JPG

Thin Mint Jealousy
Thin Mint Jealousy.JPG

Sunset Sherbet
Sunset Sherbet.JPG

Oreoz
Oreoz.JPG

Cheetah Piss
Cheetah Piss.JPG

Fluffy
Fluffy.JPG
Fluffy is the guardian of my garden.
He's a stray who adopted us, and he's nearly always at my back patio door.
We couldn't just watch him starve to death and croak over on our doorstep,
so we feed him, but he's not allowed indoors, nor inside the greenhouse,
but he always hangs out nearby when I'm out there.

He seems fond of our indoor cat, Chai, but what he doesn't know is that
she would shred him to bits in a minute, especially if he comes in and eats her food.
She's the most vicious cat I've ever had,
and PetSmart warned us that she doesn't get along with any other cats.
I think she still has PTSD from her 1st 4 months before we adopted her.

Chai
Chai.jpg

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:55 pm
by ripper5
Awesome set-up! :tup:
Greenhouse just might be the best way to grow under the sun, round these parts . What with the late start to flowering outside, coupled with the potential for early, or even average first frost. Plus it probably helps with insects and other critters. :lurk: :popcorn:

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:58 pm
by ripper5
Nice kitties! We had a stray cat, we named Tangie, for over twenty years.

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:20 pm
by Munchy
thanks! insects and critters are my #1 reason. each year little white butterflies or moths are always flying around, they seem to be cute and harmless, but are far from it, as they result in little green inchworm caterpillars, which mostly cause bud-rot from bug-poop, so I've had to spray with BT and such over and over, and then I still had black specks of their poop falling out of my dry buds, as well as dirt which gets blown in the wind, and also a fair bit of seeding, with no sign of males or hermies, because the pollen was apparently blowing in the wind as well, besides the plants take a beating from the occasional stronger winds. but I haven't needed to spray them with anything yet, and I'm debating whether I should spray them at least once before flowering, but I'd rather not spray them at all, if I really don't need to. and then there was smoke and ashes from the wildfires each year, and some early rain last year, which ended up causing me to harvest early, so I also want to have them protected from that just in case. the 15' greenhouse was less than $200. there were cheaper ones, but I opted for better quality King Bird with 2 screen doors, as those with only one door would get too hot. I also added a set of trampoline cork-screw ground anchors to protect it from the strong winds.

I'd also like to mention that most videos and commenters on scrogging, cite the main purpose and benefit as letting more bud-sites get better light. but I believe this is actually secondary to redirecting the plants primary energy focus from the main-stem top, which normally results in the biggest top bud, to multiple tops, so all of those buds get bigger than they would've otherwise, not due to lighting so much as sharing the plants main focus of energy from the highest part, terminal or apical bud of the plant, by keeping them all at the same height-level, instead of letting one bud stand tall above the others, and getting all that plant energy directed to it, as well as the extra strength each branch gets from the training.

and while I'm dreaming of hundreds of colas, I have an idea about harvesting, which may or may not be such a good one, but since loading up the garage always stinks up the whole house and surrounding area, especially during the 1st week of drying, I'm thinking of hanging the colas initially inside the shady side of the greenhouse (where the house blocks the sun for 2' or so, as it's wedged in between the house and a tree-trunk) for the first 4 or 5 days, when they are most pungent, and then moving them into the garage for the final stage of drying. Hopefully the faster initial (about 1/2 to 2/3) phase of drying won't be too detrimental. but the foot of shady area between the house and greenhouse creates a nice cooling effect, which I can feel blowing in through the 4 windows on that side, like natural air conditioning. and the tree trunk about 8' from the house is still holding up my back fence from falling over by a set of tethers, as well as being a pedestal mount for the solar panel (which can be seen in the 1st pic above - top-center) to run the fan, which is inefficiently exhausting through the open back door, but it seems to help a little.

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:05 am
by Butcher Bob
Munchy wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:20 pm
I'd also like to mention that most videos and commenters on scrogging, cite the main purpose and benefit as letting more bud-sites get better light. but I believe this is actually secondary to redirecting the plants primary energy focus from the main-stem top, which normally results in the biggest top bud, to multiple tops, so all of those buds get bigger than they would've otherwise, not due to lighting so much as sharing the plants main focus of energy from the highest part, terminal or apical bud of the plant, by keeping them all at the same height-level, instead of letting one bud stand tall above the others, and getting all that plant energy directed to it, as well as the extra strength each branch gets from the training.
My understanding is that it is to control canopy height over an area, to maximize light efficiency, with less plant numbers than SOG...which results in exactly what you point out. :)
Hopefully the faster initial (about 1/2 to 2/3) phase of drying won't be too detrimental.
Just keep in mind that part of the purpose of drying is to let the chlorophyl and other nasties work themselves out of the plant material, and you should be fine. As an experiment, I once dried a bud in full sun on a window sill...first day, flip, second day, done. It bleached out to a golden color, with no detriment to potency, aroma, or flavor, and was some of the smoothest smoke I've ever had. It's just not a real practical method for my situation.. Point being, it accelerated the chlorophyl depletion.

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:24 pm
by Munchy
thanks Bob. I'm really happy with the results of using a screen so far..
can't believe it took me 36 years of growing to try it, and I swear I'll never go back. :gadday:

first august hairs.JPG

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:20 pm
by Munchy
:fly:
DSCF0042.JPG

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:46 pm
by Munchy
half assed phoning my shit in.JPG

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:36 pm
by ripper5
Filling in nicely...:tup:

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:49 pm
by dill786
damn, munchy,

makes me wanna grow it just for fun

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:21 pm
by Munchy
got 200ft of BudHuggers-.JPG
it sure beats workin, i can hang out there for hours.. :abduction:
I get good exercise doing the 30' limbo under those wires.
next year I'll build a pair of 4-legged scrog racks, much lower.
got just enough pvc here, only need 4 more corner joints :toker1:
got 200' of this Bud Huggers wire tie-downs. excellent product :tup:
BudHuggers.jpg

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:30 pm
by Munchy
this cut was a late rooter :slap:

tmj runt a.JPG
bitches gotta learn :downbitch:

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:49 pm
by Munchy
L8TMJ.JPG

<SS meets TMJ>
TMJSS816a.JPG

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:13 pm
by Munchy
it's rained a few times recently, no problem! :toker1:
canopy still looks about the same, as it should...
although i did a bunch of defoliating and more tie-downs, so it looked much thinner
but now it's grown right back to it's happy place again. :gadday:

tmjss816bb.JPG

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:32 am
by ripper5
:tup: Looking great!

I think you meant the 30" limbo. :fly:

Spinal Tap Stonehenge reference :laugh: ' for feet " for inches.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:37 am
by Munchy
thanks for asking, the net (limbo) tethers are positioned at 40 inches high, and I have to pass under about 9 of them each way, for all 15 feet to get down to the far end, and then another 15 feet coming back, for a total of 30 feet, round-trip.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:08 am
by ripper5
I thought you meant the limbo "dance" where they try to go under the pole lol

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:51 am
by Munchy
it would be like that if I leaned back, but I cheat and bend forward.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:01 am
by Prawn Connery
ripper5 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:32 am
:tup: Looking great!

I think you meant the 30" limbo. :fly:

Spinal Tap Stonehenge reference :laugh: ' for feet " for inches.
My grows go to 11!!!

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:06 am
by Prawn Connery
Sorry Munchy :toker1:

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:10 am
by Prawn Connery
Last one, I fucking swear!

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:57 pm
by Munchy
here's a mid-section and a view from the far end :gadday:
quarter-pounder.JPG
far side view b.JPG

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:05 pm
by ripper5
Could get lost in thar forests. :bonghitter: :popcorn:

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:44 pm
by Munchy
i've been checking out seedsman and doing some serious calculations... :ugeek:
and i think i have my spring greenhouse auto grow all mapped out :tonka:
omg i can hardly wait till April Fools Day! :toker1:
& they'll be finished just in time for my next photo-session :gadday:

but i also hope to do a few runs in the tent by then :wink:
should be plenty of smoke... no more larf

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:40 pm
by Munchy
2nd week of bloom update

TMxJ
TMJw2.jpg
SS
SSw2.jpg
CP
CP w2.jpg
Oz
OZw2.jpg
both ways from the middle
in the middle looking left then right.jpg
all 4 quarters in a row
4 quarter-pounders all in a row.jpg

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:55 am
by Prawn Connery
Nice grow mate! Really healthy plants.

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:08 pm
by Munchy
Thanks prawn! i took off exactly 1200 leafs yesterday, 150 per 1/8th :fly:
i'm thinking of a number between 40 and 100... ounces. or maybe about 4.20 lbs :toker1:
that's only about 2 phat bats a day for the next year, so I'll need to double that up with the tent and spring-autos :tokie:

btw, they've been fed with Down-to-Earth Kelp and Fish Bone Meals, as well as DTH Bio-Live
and soil brand matching Recipe420 Ultra-Bloom 2-8-8 organic fertilizer starting last week,
+ bat guano, cal-mag, molasses, Nature's Pride bloom, along with a few other things... :bannana:
Recipe 420 Ultra Bloom fertilizer includes ingredients such as Azomite, Bio Char, Glacier Rock Dust, Earthworm Castings, Calcium and Magnesium.
Down To Earth’s Bio-Live 5-4-2 is a rich, organic fertilizer featuring a unique blend of premium marine byproducts infused with a diverse mixture of beneficial microorganisms that improve resource utilization and enhance nutrient uptake. Select mycorrhizal fungi and bacterial species rapidly colonize the rhizosphere and surrounding soil. Includes Alfalfa, Crab & Shrimp Meals and Langbeinite. Ideal for all plant types, use DTE Bio-Live 5-4-2 to encourage expansive root systems, increased crop yields and superior quality flowers, fruits, herbs and vegetables.
down to earth organics.jpg
Recipe 420 ultra bloom.jpg

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:54 pm
by Munchy
got my upper support net installed early
while I could still reach the back edge, without doing a face-plant :laugh:

upper net.JPG
this will complicate things :toker1:

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:44 pm
by Munchy
i played with a barrel of monkeyS and released the krakken :bannana:

it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time...
sure was glad all those S-tie-downs were yellow instead of green :toker1:

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:30 am
by Prawn Connery
Copy that you sumna bitch pile o' monkey nuts!

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:14 pm
by Munchy
i've never seen that movie, but it's a kids toy that I was reminded of by the yellow S-shaped tie-downs
when you try to pick up one, you get a whole string of them, and that happened with the bud-huggers
it would be hilarious to see someone actually use the toys for a scrog, but it would totally work, lol
Barrel-of-Monkeys.jpg
after a couple days of freedom, i've starting replacing some tie-downs,
just on the tallest ones, for better distribution of the auxins :wink:
but in a more organized and lower-stress manner, as some of them had gotten too tight before.

cloudy day - 15' screen of popcorn
screen of popcorn.jpg

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:31 pm
by Munchy
the sun came out :gadday:
sunny screen of popcorn.jpg

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:04 pm
by Munchy
Oreoz has surprising amount of early frost
Oreoz early frost 1.jpg

Sunset Sherbet gives a strong showing as well
Sunset Sherbet early frost 1.jpg
Sunset Sherbet early frost 3.jpg

Thin Mint x Jealousy needs to get with the program
Thin Mint x Jealousy 1.jpg

Cheetah Piss just phoning it in
Cheetah Piss 2.jpg

i took my new tie-downs off again for good, due to slight discoloration of some TMJ pistils, maybe from the stress

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:30 pm
by ripper5
Love it! :popcorn:
Are most or all of these from the same, or different breeders? Apologies if it's been stated and I missed it.

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:57 pm
by ripper5
Nevermind it's right there at the beginning. :tup:
Seed Junkies!

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:13 pm
by Munchy
Thanks for asking, I've been meaning to map this out. a friend picked them out for me.
The 4 kinds are by different breeders, but there is a common theme of cookies.

Thin Mint Cookies is a cross of Girl Scout Cookies, OG Kush, and F1 Durban Poison.
x Jealousy was created by Seed Junkies through crossing the delicious Gelato 41 X Sherbet strains.

Sunset Sherbet is a cross between Girl Scout Cookies X Pink Panties strains.
(Pink Panties is a cross of Burmese Kush X Florida Kush)
The strain was bred by Mario Guzman, aka Mr. Sherbinski, owner of the Sherbinski's cannabis brand and legacy member of the Bay Area's Cookie Family, known for genetics like Gelato, Cherry Pie, of course, Girl Scout Cookies.

Oreoz strain is a potent hybrid marijuana strain from 3rd Coast Genetics that crosses Secret Weapon and Cookies and Cream strains.
(Secret Weapon was created through crossing the classic Cheese Quake X White Widow strains.
Cookies and Cream was created through a cross of Starfighter X Unknown Girl Scout Cookies phenotype.
Starfighter is a cross of the infamous Alien Tahoe OG X Lemon Alien Dawg strains.)

Cheetah Piss was created through crossing Lemonnade X Gelato 42 X London Poundcake 97 strains.
they could've called it Lemon Poundcake,
but it was made as a homage to the infamous “Cat Piss” strain,
Cheetah Piss packs a super potent high and pungent aroma that will leave your eyes watering.
no cookies are in it, but Cheetah Piss is apparently a creation of the breeder known as Cookies. :toker1:

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:28 pm
by ripper5
:lurk: Outstanding! :volcano:

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:17 pm
by Munchy
just a week 4 update as 4 quadrants from west to east
A.JPG
B.JPG
C.JPG
D.JPG
just starting to stack up
not much left to do but watch the buds grow and hope they get big
the next 4 or 5 weeks will be the longest of the year :wink:

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:38 pm
by Munchy
west side
west side.JPG
Oreoz purple tips
oreoz purple tips.jpg

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:25 pm
by Munchy
TMJ
TMJ.jpg
SHERB
SHERB.jpg
CHEETAH
CHEETAH.jpg
OZ
Oreoz.jpg
i don't know why my camera makes the buds look all yellow, but it just sucks like that

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:19 pm
by Munchy
i put my readin glasses on and finally found the camera settings button, it's highly transparent
it just has a bunch of 'modes' so i thought I'd see if this 'beauty mode' works any better
did a couple of upskirts, and one girl covered her face, lol :twisted:

TMJ
TMJ2.jpg
SHY SHERB
SHY SHERB.jpg
CHEETAH
CP2.jpg
OZ
OZ2.jpg

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:04 pm
by Lrus007
looking really good.
i have had problems with close up's of late.
shakes or fan or maybe both messing with me.

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:53 am
by ripper5
Beautiful. :toker1: :popcorn:
Yeah my phone camera is a cheap one. Apologies.

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:42 pm
by Munchy
thanks! i did a little more tinkering with my newfound 'settings' :toker1:
west side.jpg
TMJ
jealousy mints.jpg
SS - looks weird but super sticky and heavy
sherbert.jpg
CP
cheetah piss.jpg
OZ - can i smoke this one yet? :confused:
oreozz.jpg
I can see the oreoz won't last me long, probably be all gone by halloween
and i really need to grow more of that next year... get her started sooner

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:41 pm
by Munchy
just a few weeks to go...
i'm planning to harvest in layers from the tallest tops down
to allow the lower buds to fully ripen

the room my tent is in should be good for drying,
as it stays closed, dark and fairly cool, the A/C favorite,
while actively circulating all the air through the tent carbon filter

wwk5 917.jpg
5a917.jpg
5b 917.jpg
5c 917.jpg
TMJ
tmjb 917.jpg
tmj 917.jpg
TMJ & SS
tmj - ss 917.jpg
SS
ss 917.jpg
OZ
oreoz 917.jpg
CP
cheetah 917.jpg

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:06 pm
by Munchy
OZ918.jpg
just holding a loupe here. i want to get a wireless/usb scope soon
or maybe just a 100x or 200x clip-on will do? :confused:

nice advertising on eBay here, lol
wireless scope.jpg
wireless scope.jpg (34.72 KiB) Viewed 198 times

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:50 pm
by Munchy
just playing with close-ups
cp.jpg
oz.jpg

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:40 pm
by Munchy
or maybe i could just use a rubber band... :toker1:
rubber band.jpg
rubber band_cr.jpg

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:23 am
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
“Once you think it’s done, wait a week”

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:11 pm
by Munchy
919b.jpg
919c.jpg
919c_cr.jpg

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:13 pm
by ripper5
I miss my old Radio Shack dope scope. All I have is a scratched up magnifying glass with a broken handle. :toker1:

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:18 pm
by ripper5
I like to take mine at the first sign of amber, prominently opaque & milky white/grey...they continue to amber after they're chopped & hung fer drying

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:21 pm
by ripper5
Munchy wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:41 pm

the room my tent is in should be good for drying,
as it stays closed, dark and fairly cool, the A/C favorite,
while actively circulating all the air through the tent carbon filter

wwk5 917.jpg

5a917.jpg

5b 917.jpg

5c 917.jpg

TMJ
tmjb 917.jpgtmj 917.jpg

TMJ & SS
tmj - ss 917.jpg

SS
ss 917.jpg

OZ
oreoz 917.jpg

CP
cheetah 917.jpg
Indeed. Revegging can be superior to clones imo.

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:26 pm
by Munchy
interesting. but i just plan to harvest these same 4 strains from my tent every couple of months,
and then run some auto's outside in the spring, before re-doing this grow next summer.
i'm looking at these American AutoFlower Cup winners by FASTBUDS:
BANANA PURPLE PUNCH ~ TROPICANA COOKIES ~ STRAWBERRY GORILLA ~ ORANGE SHERBET
thumbs.jpg
these strain reviews look awesome
they're only a few minutes each
just click where they say Watch on Youtube

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:55 pm
by Munchy
oreoz
A.jpg
thin mint jealousy
B.jpg
it looks like a bit of amber near the pics edges,
before 1 o'clock on the 1st pic, and at 3 o'clock on the 2nd pic
but i suppose that may be a trick of the lighting or poor focus
and if it was for real, I'd be seeing some in the middle as well, where the focus is best.
i often find it hard to tell milky from clear, probably for the same reason,
or how the light seems to reflect more shine off the side of heads,
except at the center of the pics, where they're more directly in front of the camera.
what i really need to do when it gets closer is to cut little samples off for better scopage :wink:

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:36 pm
by Munchy
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:23 am
would that really apply to the sherbet you've grown?
several references are consistent about the sherbet taking 8-9 weeks to bloom
and this is sleepy weed right? so I'm sure I don't want too much amber on it.
Don’t let the Sunset Sherbet strain flowering time get past its maximum deadline as it will lose its aroma qualities.
i think 8 to 9 weeks will be about right for thin mint jealousy as well
several reports on the Oreoz say 10 weeks, but I seriously doubt it.
I'll most def be smokin that shit by then, lol :toker1:
but the the Cheetah Piss may well go 10 weeks though :wink:

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:14 am
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
I’ve always only followed the number of weeks flowering numbers for indoor growing, outdoor it’s hard to say what day one is.

If you have multiple plants of the same strain you can always pull one, wait a week, pull another wait a week, and pull another.

Rarely do I find strains that finish in September.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:50 am
by Munchy
Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:14 am
I’ve always only followed the number of weeks flowering numbers for indoor growing, outdoor it’s hard to say what day one is.

If you have multiple plants of the same strain you can always pull one, wait a week, pull another wait a week, and pull another.

Rarely do I find strains that finish in September.
i figured day 1 was when the first white pistils appeared on many sites, August 8th
so the 8th week ends around Oct 3, 9th week Oct 10, 10th week Oct 17
if i followed your 3-week plan, it seems that i would have a 33% success rate of getting it right
and maybe a lb of pre-mature clear empty trichs, another lb of overripe sleep meds, and 1 lb of good buds.
i need a few lb of good bud to last me awhile, can't afford to ruin 2/3 of my crop
besides, i learned my lesson when i took your advice to cut the buds off that 1st banana mango
which had started flowering way too early a couple years back, to re-veg it, and it died immediately.
thanks for that, btw. so it seems like you may be giving me bad advice on purpose? :confused:
you should know that trolling in the grow forums is not allowed. :wink:
but as i mentioned on the last page
Munchy wrote:
maybe take the upper third or so off each plant
as soon as I see mostly cloudy and just about 10% amber trichs on the tops
assuming those lower buds trichs are not yet 10% amber as well,
then come back for the next layer or remainder after several days or a week,
again depending on how those trichs actually look then.
I just wanted to get an early start checking them,
to get a good grip on the situation in advance...
especially as the Oreoz is lookin almost ready to smoke any day now
and i know the clear to cloudy part is often tricky for me to read,
especially if not checked early for good comparison
and it turned out that a rubber-band really helped to hold my loupe on my phone
but i still may get one of them new-fangled scopes soon to really dial it in proper
as well as actually cutting little samples off the plants to keep them still

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:31 am
by ripper5
They do look scrumptious! Frosty the abominable snowman coated.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:37 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
33% “success” rate is better than a chance of having 100% failure rate and never knowing if it could have been better or not….good bud harvested a few days early and a few days late isn’t the end of the world….I have no choice but to harvest in stages because I fill up my sheds and garage and just don’t have room to dry, I’ve learned a lot by doing so. Patience is a virtue, you strike me as someone who doesn’t have any.

……and don’t blame because you killed a plant that you didn’t know how to revert into veg.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:41 pm
by Munchy
sorry, i thought you were a better grower than that :rolleyes:
but apparently you're too lazy to check your trichs,
so you figure no one else should bother either
enjoy your sleep medicine :wink:

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:49 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
You’re are the one who was posting you are going by x number of weeks since “the first white pistils appeared”, but now all of a sudden are going by trichomes color…what one is it..?

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:09 pm
by Munchy
you would only need to read back a few pages for the last 5 days and look at all the trich shots i started posting
to know that was my plan, but the online estimates are useful ball-park info to consider as well, but 'with a grain of salt' of course.
but maybe i also figured checking for cloudy and amber trichs was basic and obvious stuff we would all know about and practice.
Munchy wrote:
just a few weeks to go
Munchy wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:06 pm
OZ918.jpg
just holding a loupe here. i want to get a wireless/usb scope soon
or maybe just a 100x or 200x clip-on will do? :confused:
nice advertising on eBay here, lol
wireless scope.jpg
Munchy wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:55 pm
oreoz
A.jpg

thin mint jealousy
B.jpg

it looks like a bit of amber near the pics edges,
before 1 o'clock on the 1st pic, and at 3 o'clock on the 2nd pic
but i suppose that may be a trick of the lighting or poor focus
and if it was for real, I'd be seeing some in the middle as well, where the focus is best.
i often find it hard to tell milky from clear, probably for the same reason,
or how the light seems to reflect more shine off the side of heads,
except at the center of the pics, where they're more directly in front of the camera.
what i really need to do when it gets closer is to cut little samples off for better scopage :wink:
Munchy wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:36 pm
...and this (Sherbet) is sleepy weed right? so I'm sure I don't want too much amber on it...
you totally overlooked that line, which was in the same reply as the online estimates. and when you had said "when you think it's ready, wait another week" it meant to me that when I see the amount of amber trichs that i would consider enough for me to think it's ready, to wait another week and let a much higher percentage go amber, which tends to cause couch-lock, and wouldn't make any sense to me, especially with indicas like the sherbet, already known to be sleepy weed. and considering how the Oreoz is looking especially ripe in general, with very few good pistils left, that 10% of amber will be the final thing I'm waiting for, as i said i highly doubted the online estimates i've seen for that one.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:42 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
See how I put when you think it’s done wait another week in quotation marks..?…That’s because it use to be a mantra at OG.

I didn’t make it up, but I find it to be very true.

Doing multiple pulls and side by side comparisons is how you learn.

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:05 am
by Prawn Connery
I tend to give mine the extra week, too. It's usually worth it. In all honesty, it doesn't make a huge difference to the type of smoke, which is mostly genetic.

What you need to remember is that, while it cures it is going to get heavier anyway, because THC degrades into CBN, so the the ratio of CBD:THC increases. All strains develop more body as they age in the jars.

IMO, if you want a racy high, grow a racy strain :toker1:

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:47 pm
by Munchy
day 46

cheetah piss
CP1.jpg
thin mint jealousy
TMJ1.jpg
sherbet
SS1.jpg
the rest are OREOZ
can you guys see how ripe the oreoz looks now?
aside from the many clear and no amber trichs yet
maybe it genetically has like early baldness syndrome? :confused:
OZ1.jpg
OZ3.jpg
OZ6.jpg

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:19 pm
by Munchy
i just found this:
Oreoz (Cookies and Cream x Secret Weapon)
oreoz jpg.png
Cultivation information for growers, from breeders.
February 2022
Photo by Sjoerd Broeks
Cultivar Details:

Plant Physiology: Oreoz has a short to medium stature with dark green Afghanica-type leaves during the vegetative growth period. In flower, Oreoz displays a narrow profile and medium stretch. The leaves turn a deep purple to black color (hence the name Oreoz) with cream- and lavender-accented flowers that are extremely resinous and encrusted with crystals.

Flowering Time: Recommended flowering time for indoor and light-deprivation greenhouses is 54-60 days. Outdoor harvests can be expected in early October in northern latitudes. Oreoz finishes growing reasonably early.

Breeder Notes: Oreoz is a beautiful, dark purple, diamond-encrusted plant with a menthol gas nose and stunning bag appeal.

Cannabinoid Profile: THCA 25%-29%, CBGA 0.6%. The effects of this cannabinoid profile and terpene expression are generally sedating.
Terpene Profile: Oreoz’ dominant terpenes are caryophyllene, humulene, trans-nerolidol, limonene, and myrcene.
Reported flavor profiles are cream, diesel, and chocolate.

https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/a ... et-weapon/

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:35 pm
by ripper5
A racy high is a main reason I'm most interested in the older strains via heirlooms. These newer high thc, highly frosted, beautifully hued, strains are impressive as fuck, I do confess. But, they tend to be heavy & sedating, compared to the clear & slightly racy Panama Red, for example.

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:58 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
Prawn Connery wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:05 am
I tend to give mine the extra week, too. It's usually worth it. In all honesty, it doesn't make a huge difference to the type of smoke, which is mostly genetic.

What you need to remember is that, while it cures it is going to get heavier anyway, because THC degrades into CBN, so the the ratio of CBD:THC increases. All strains develop more body as they age in the jars.

IMO, if you want a racy high, grow a racy strain :toker1:
IMO the extra week thing is for outdoor growers because it’s a lot harder to use a calendar and you need to rely on your own judgment, people in general are impatient and tend to pull early.

For me I aim for the best taste and don’t care what kind of ride the flower takes me on.

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:37 pm
by Butcher Bob
... it use to be a mantra at OG.

I always thought that was a cropper saying, applying to yield...
...seeing as aboot half your weight is put on in the last two weeks of flower.
:dunno:

Harvesting becomes way more accurate with a photographer's 30x loupe and several grows under your belt. :toker1:

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:31 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
I’m sure it has a lot to do with weight too. My main point is not to rely on a calendar for outdoor and to be patient.

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:00 pm
by Butcher Bob
Our outdoor window here is very short...from the day before, to the day after, the first hard frost...whenever that may occur. Keep your fingars crossed and hope for the best. :p

Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:53 am
by Prawn Connery
Sat Sep 23, 2023 7:58 pm
IMO the extra week thing is for outdoor growers because it’s a lot harder to use a calendar and you need to rely on your own judgment, people in general are impatient and tend to pull early.

For me I aim for the best taste and don’t care what kind of ride the flower takes me on.
There are certainly some tasty strains around these days but for me it's always been about the high. Perhaps it's physiology, but I'm sensitive to different types of effects and steer clear of anything that gives me even a slight tinge of paranoia or muscle-tension headache. My wife's the same. She's has no interest in the recreational side of cannabis but takes CBD for her fibromyalgia. If there's too much THC in her oil, or the wrong ratio (a small amount THC has a synergistic effect) it does more harm than good.

Everyone's different and I have friends who can smoke the most paranoid-inducing (to me) strains and think they're great, but I steer away from them.

It's also interesting that when I smoke with a lot of the younger crowd these days and offer them a nice, soaring sativa dom (like a Nev's Haze or SSH or cross thereof) they say they've never smoked anything like it. Everything is hybrid these days. Some are quite uplifting and pleasant to smoke, but they all have some body to them. There aren't many (if any) modern strains I've tried that have been all in the head, with that clear, dreamy high that takes a long time to creep up on you and then let's you slip in and out of it like you don't even know you're high sometimes – that's how high you are!

Perhaps it's a cultural thing. I grew up exclusively on sativas - mostly Thai "Buddha" and the local sativas we used to grow outdoors in Oz that were descended from SE Asian strains brought back by the 60s and 70s hippies and Vietnam War servicemen. I never smoked an indica until I started travelling in my early 20s and came across hash that was mostly produced in Central Asia. Later I started growing indoors and discovered all the different effects of the hybrids.

All my jars are now sorted into whatever mood I'm in. I have pot that I only smoke before I go to bed; pot that I only smoke in the day or early evening; pot for socialising; pot for the munchies (when I'm not really hungry but have to go out to dinner with people); pot for getting shit done; and pot for relaxing on the couch when it's not quite time for bed yet.

If I was only after taste, I'd invest in a dab rig. I really like extracts but it's also a lot of hassle compared to hitting a bong or joint. I mostly dab with friends because I can't be fucked doing it on my own. Maybe I'm just lazy.

:bonghitter:

Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:43 pm
by Munchy
it's all turning purple

TMJ PURP1.jpg
TMJ PURP 2.jpg
SS-PURP.jpg
OZ-PURP.jpg

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:59 pm
by Munchy
starting to see some amber here, but i'll try to give it another week
925a.jpg
925b.jpg

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:51 pm
by Munchy
i see a lot more amber heads today, but they're mostly milky right?
oz926.jpg
926a.jpg
926b.jpg

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:17 pm
by roller24
looks intense!

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:16 am
by Butcher Bob
Munchy wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:51 pm
i see a lot more amber heads today, but they're mostly milky right?
I don't think amber is the end all be all judge...just usually the most accurate. Once had a strain that absolutely refused to throw any amber until after it was harvested. It would start popping up new pistils all over when it was past done. Aboot 50/50 clear/cloudy was the best it would get while still growing. Was very frustrating. When harvested though, it would show amber by the time it dried. Very strange. Had to harvest different branches at different times to test for the 'best' harvest window.

Your's seem to be showing very nice. I'm not really seeing any amber, but not much clear either...just lots of cloudy. :)

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:40 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
^^^Was it a sativa.

With sativas sometimes the new pistils are a good way to judge.

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:20 pm
by Butcher Bob
No...Afghani #1.
...so I had my doubts if that's really what it was. :p
But ended up 8 weeks was optimum. :dunno:

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:42 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
Indicas throw out new pistols too, but the sativas have the big fox tails.

Judging by the silence in this thread the past couple days I’m thinking this MF pulled his shit early.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:56 pm
by Munchy
I saw about 15-20% amber trichs on 3 kinds, and then a few sherbet tops began to rot.
The weather had turned, the sun had shifted to the south,
and the sherbet was over-watered, so I got most of the ripened tops off before it could spread.
but just this evening i noticed the remainder of sherbet was looking sketchy,
like it could begin to rot overnight, so i finished removing all that.
but i still have a lot of Thin Mint Jealousy next layer finishing soon,
and the Cheetah will be bringing up the rear before too long.

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:41 am
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
Do you have an East facing wall/fence/tree blocking out early morning sun…?

Do you monitor RH in your greenhouse..?

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:42 am
by Munchy
no rh, but i've kept both greenhouse screened doors and all 8 windows open,
but it's right behind the house on the north side.
on the same footprint I've been using for a few years,
and the sun has been shining over the house just enough to cover this canopy mostly all day,
until a couple weeks ago, when it started getting mostly shady over the row of sherbet.
next year i'll just have a single row, up on milk crates,
instead of lowering the canopy any further.
the sherbet was also younger and a couple weeks late getting added outside,
so couldn't uptake nearly as much water as the TMJ,
but next year I can get the plants and timing all synced up as well.

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:46 pm
by Solid Gold Butt Plug
Early morning sun is pretty important on those thick tight strains this time of year….it gets the morning dew off of them.

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:46 pm
by rSin
set up a fan ...

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:18 pm
by Munchy
Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:46 pm
Early morning sun is pretty important on those thick tight strains this time of year….it gets the morning dew off of them.
i could put the sherbet on the east end next summer

rSin wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:46 pm
set up a fan ...
and i could move the solar fan to blow air from inside the other end instead of just sucking :toker1:

thanks! :gadday:

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:18 pm
by Intrinsic
Solar fan! sounds like some engineering fun!
did I miss this earlier in the thread.

Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:22 pm
by Munchy
it was mentioned a few times here and there (Tokalot), but it only works well during mid day when the sun is directly above, and it doesn't have a back-up battery. the solar panel is mounted on a tree-stump, just outside the middle-hoop. i didn't expect much by positioning the fan to exhaust through a wide-open doorway, instead of sealing the end around it. was just kind of testing the idea, but it was helpful during the hottest times, and i'm sure it will be much more helpful when i move it to blow for better circulation from the other end, as the wind usually comes in from the west, but the screen door really calms it down more than i had expected.

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:05 pm
by ripper5
Solar fans :tup:
Sucks having to need them to avoid rot. Fans might had saved my outdoor autos from some budrot. Being my first outdoor attempt I'm a few steps behind. At this moment I prefer indoor :laugh:

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:11 pm
by ripper5
Kinda defeats the purpose of growing outdoors if ya gotta have fans but I could've used them

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:36 pm
by Munchy
isn't the purpose of growing outdoors to use the sun?
i am opposed to running a power cord out there. besides my GFCI outlets are all inop, and won't reset
and the greenhouse trade-off for less wind is no critters, no inchworms, nor bugs or bug spray needed,
except for a few ants (btw,i love Maggie's Farm organic cinnamon bug spray for the ants)
and no rainwater or airborne dirt, nor pollen or surprise seeds, just nice clean buds until they started getting too ripe
and good stealth, even helicopters or drones can't see in there well enough, and it gives off a blinding glare.
but i gotta keep both screen-doors and 8 windows open though or it would get too hot
cheaper ones without a back-door are seriously asking for trouble :wink:

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:06 pm
by ripper5
Yes mostly. But a purest...j/s

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:07 pm
by ripper5
I'm not arguing against doing whatever works...just begging the question

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:08 pm
by ripper5
Yours are good mine are wanting...keep doing what you're doing

got my new beans all in a row

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:51 pm
by Munchy
the plan is going well so far,
i was afraid these kinds were going to sell out soon
props for seedsman, fast priority mail
exactly as ordered 4 days ago,
+ extra bonus fastbuds zkittlez auto
on top of promised bonus seedsman zkittlez auto
it might be interesting to do those 2 side-by-side, but that'll be down the road...
i also plan to self-pollinate each kind, using tiresias or similar fem spray
to turn these 5-packs into 100's packs for future reference :toker1:
seedsman fastbuds autos.jpg
Munchy wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:26 pm
interesting. but i just plan to harvest these same 4 strains from my tent every couple of months,
and then run some auto's outside in the spring, before re-doing this grow next summer.
i'm looking at these American AutoFlower Cup winners by FASTBUDS:
BANANA PURPLE PUNCH ~ TROPICANA COOKIES ~ STRAWBERRY GORILLA ~ ORANGE SHERBET
thumbs.jpg
these strain reviews look awesome
they're only a few minutes each
just click where they say Watch on Youtube

BREAKING NEWS!
A Historical moment: Fast Buds Banana Purple Punch tested 30.4% THC at MJBIZCON 23

ZKITTLEZ STRAIN REVIEW: