The arena for political discussions about current events
Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

The RFK Jr. Thread

Post by Butcher Bob »

I'm not suggesting they're ticketing together, although that'd be interesting too...rather I'm just finding it strange that both are making the same change at aboot the same time. :dunno: Doubly odd considering dems are balloted in all states and third parties are balloted in a majority of states, whereas an independent starts at ground zero, balloted in none. Seems somewhat like a step backwards.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 494 times

The RFK Jr. Thread

Post by roller24 »

Well, strategically severing themselves from any party affiliation could prove to be an advantage. Surprisingly, independent voters are the largest political group in the country.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/388781/political-party-preferences-shifted-greatly-during-2021.aspx wrote:Independents Are Still the Largest Political Group in the U.S.
Regardless of which party has an advantage in party affiliation, over the past three decades, presidential elections have generally been competitive, and party control of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate has changed hands numerous times. This is partly because neither party can claim a very high share of core supporters -- those who identify with the party -- as the largest proportion of Americans identify initially as political independents.

Overall in 2021, an average of 29% of Americans identified as Democrats, 27% as Republicans and 42% as independents. Roughly equal proportions of independents leaned to the Democratic Party (17%) and to the Republican Party (16%).
Kennedy and West could draw easily draw from the democratic leaners, and I think Kennedy may well be able to pull some from the republicans.

Large swaths of voters in both parties feel alienated by their affiliated parties, so I think half from either side would give serious consideration to a serious candidate.

I wouldn't mind seeing a viable 3rd party arise, slow the pendulum of politics down from it's ever increasing swings further outward.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster
Custom Title: UnhingedMotherfucker
Has bestowed Karma : 510 times
Received Karma : 993 times

The RFK Jr. Thread

Post by Munchy »

:lurk:
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

The RFK Jr. Thread

Post by roller24 »

Kennedy's Super Bowl Ad.
Yeah, I'm gonna throw him my V

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1818 times
Received Karma : 1593 times

The RFK Jr. Thread

Post by Intrinsic »

Were you being serious or sarcastic?

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

The RFK Jr. Thread

Post by roller24 »

I always consider to vote third party if the candidate aligns with my beliefs, or at least some of them.
I agree with some platforms from the Dems, or used to when they weren't the "chicken hawk" authoritarians they've become.
I think it's good to help others who need food and shelter, but not the millions pouring in over the border expecting handouts.
I think it's good that people of any color should have an equal chance in life, but not a system, where they obtain success, because of that color.
They used to stand against corp greed, war, the establishment status quo, but they have assimilated into the power structure, and seem to be willing to go to great lengths to stay that way. So I won't vote for them.

I agree with some platforms of the GOP, or used to when they promoted smaller government, and were sincere about fiscal prudence.
Those ideas now seem to be just talking points to appease party members who don't see the hypocrisy. They've always been hawkish, and I will always vote against war mongering. I won't vote for them.

Trump was an outsider, which I liked, and his nationalist agenda was right up my alley, but as you've noticed, the globalists have done all to destroy him. I think he is a globalist, but a unipolar US remaining as the sole power structure globalist. I don't want 4 more years of that, but I feel he did the country a great service by allowing them to expose just how corrupt they've become. True colors of both parties were clearly seen.

Kennedy has some issues, I don't like, but these issues are things that are, and not his agenda. I think he sees Israel, and the NWO as things that are and will be. He seems to take an honest approach and doesn't espouse fallacies just to garner more votes, which both other parties do without hesitation. I get a sense of honesty when he speaks, and I find myself aligned with his main concerns.

He's a staunch environmentalist without being a "climate change" congregate.
He's a healthy man wanting a healthy nation, but free from the clutches of big pharma.
He knows the world is transforming into a new order, but seems to me a good watch dog, who won't bow down to every UN initiative, but realizes that compromise will be needed to deal with the technical revolution.

only dead fish swim with the current.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

The RFK Jr. Thread

Post by Intrinsic »

Hahaha Kennedy is not an environmentalist.
I met him once in Washington. He shook my hand. Jes Not my kind of guy.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

The RFK Jr. Thread

Post by roller24 »

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.’s reputation as a resolute defender of the environment stems from a litany of successful legal actions. Mr. Kennedy was named one of Time magazine’s “Heroes for the Planet” for his success helping Riverkeeper lead the fight to restore the Hudson River. The group’s achievement helped spawn over 200 Waterkeeper organizations across the globe.

Mr. Kennedy serves as Senior Attorney for the Natural Resource Defense Council, Chief Prosecuting Attorney for the Hudson Riverkeeper and President of Waterkeeper Alliance. He is also a Clinical Professor and Supervising Attorney at Pace University School of Law’s Environmental Litigation Clinic and is co-host of Ring of Fire on Air America Radio. Earlier in his career he served as Assistant District Attorney in New York City.

He has worked on environmental issues across the Americas and has assisted several indigenous tribes in Latin America and Canada in successfully negotiating treaties protecting traditional homelands. Mr. Kennedy is credited with leading the fight to protect New York City’s water supply. The New York City watershed agreement, which he negotiated on behalf of environmentalists and New York City watershed consumers, is regarded as an international model in stakeholder consensus negotiations and sustainable development.

Among Mr. Kennedy’s published political books are the New York Times’ bestseller Crimes Against Nature (2004), The Riverkeepers (1997), and Judge Frank M. Johnson, Jr: A Biography (1977). He has also published three children’s books: St Francis of Assisi (2005), American Heroes: Joshua Chamberlain and the American Civil War (2007), and Robert Smalls: The Boat Thief (2008). His articles have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Lost Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, Atlantic Monthly, Esquire, The Nation, Outside Magazine, The Village Voice, and many other publications, His award winning articles have been included in anthologies of America’s Best Crime Writing, Best Political Writing and Best Science Writing.

Mr. Kennedy is a graduate of Harvard University. He studied at the London School of Economics and received his law degree from the University of Virginia Law School. Following graduation he attended Pace University Law School, where he was awarded a Masters in Environmental Law.

He is a licensed master falconer, and as often as possible he pursues a life-long enthusiasm for white-water paddling. He has organized and led several expeditions in Canada and Latin America, including first descents on three little known rivers in Peru, Colombia, and Venezuela.

Mr. Kennedy joined Morgan & Morgan in an of counsel capacity in Mar. 2016 after working together on the case against SoCalGas for the Aliso Canyon gas well blowout in Porter Ranch, California.
What would make him an environmentalist if not this?

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

The RFK Jr. Thread

Post by Intrinsic »

It Makes him a politician. Though there were some impressive stuff in there I was unaware of.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 404 times
Received Karma : 257 times

The RFK Jr. Thread

Post by ben ttech »

fuck rfk jr

"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin