Anybody know the tobacco spider mite recipe?

Growing in electric sunshine
JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

I got clones of Jackie-O from a friend!! :tup:
They got spider mites!! :shock:

I know there is something about boiling tobacco but I can't remember or find the recipe, anybody know?

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

I just dunked them all in a neem bath and my friend is going to give me some avid tomorrow if he finds it.

Cigars eh? Now I have to find a place that sells those around here.

thanks for the info

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Yeah just the clones which are in a different room from the gardens thank god. Is there anything to be concerned about the avid and clones? Should I dunk them since they are cuts?

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Cool, thanks for the info. The cuts are in an aero-cloner at the moment so I just have to dunk them, no soil to mess with.

My friend told me that he has to find the avid, and I hope he does, I have some Dicofol as a back-up which I bought years ago when I learned it was being taken off the shelves.

PGs GossipGrrl™
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by PGs GossipGrrl™ »

JapanFreak wrote:Cool, thanks for the info. The cuts are in an aero-cloner at the moment so I just have to dunk them, no soil to mess with.

My friend told me that he has to find the avid, and I hope he does, I have some Dicofol as a back-up which I bought years ago when I learned it was being taken off the shelves.
Dicofol is Keltane, remember BBob's battles with the borg on PG, he used Keltane? Not as toxic as Avid, but Malathion could also work...they ban that in J yet? There are other newer miticides besides Avid, with lower toxicity...meh, as long as you don't allow the children near it, or pets, don't drink too much of it, ya probably won't die from it :D

nicotine is even more toxic, U do know that?
http://www.prn2.usm.my/mainsite/bulletin/1995/prn2.html
The fatal dose of pure nicotine is approximately 40-60 mg (0.6-1.0 mg/kg, 1-2 drops) i.e. the quantity contained in 2 g of tobacco (equivalent to 2 common blend cigarettes; 15-25 mg of nicotine per cigarette). However, the smoke contains less than 3 mg per cigarette, with smoke of most nonfiltered brands containing 1.2 to 2.4 mg and filtered brands between 0.2 and 1.0 mg....
Yah, so if yer a dumbarse and smoke 60 cigs all at once, you might die, lol.

Best to rotate from a variety of pesticides, otherwise U end up with resistance, like with indiscriminate use or ignorance of Avid by uses in the USA.

Was list of various mitcides on the company website for the place that bought out UB's favorite Griffin's Spin-Out product. Was going to post it on PG, but some douchebag named Gad/TeamPG tanked my 2nd acct. might have been Sepro...no, not them...meh, never mind, lost all those links.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/b504/b504_6.html
Spinosyns (=Conserve SC) - are a group of chemicals derived from the fermentation of a soil dwelling microbe, Saccharopolyspora spinosa. They have LD50s of greater than 2,000.

Avermectin-B (=Abamectins, Avid) - a powerful toxin (LD50 = 10mg/kg) derived from Streptomyces fermentation.

Anyone have exp. with FORBID?
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2668739
Old 09-14-2009, 06:39 PM #12
PkRipper

PkRipper will become famous soon enough

nothing works better , i even use it as a non dairy creamer in my coffe ,then i have to do is pee on my plants and nothhin will chew on them all season ...

my bottle is labled for $60 , is this cheap or really fuggin old? still work wounders....
^I see Munchy's got a sock over on ICMag, wasn't he trying to auction some of that piss in the secret elitist club/invitation only--- for the OJ defense fund? :roflmao:

crippled1

crippled1 is on a distinguished road

skindvr4 is correct. Forbid and Oberon do have the same active ingredient. This is the answer I got from Bayer about it...

You are correct. Oberon and Forbid 4F contain the same active ingredient, Spiromesifen. The difference exists because they are sold by two different divisions within the Bayer organization and they are distributed through different retail channels. Each of these 2 divisions applied for labeling of the products, through the EPA, to support different industries. Oberon is a Crop Science product and is labeled for use on certain food crops. Forbib is an Environmental Science product and is labeled for use in industries such as Landscape Management and Pest Control.

But still, you have to wonder, yes this chemical is approved for use on food crops that are meant to be ingested.
Using this on your tobacco crop and then smoking it is a whole different thing.
^pretty much my argument with UB about Spin-Out in his thread on PG where he whined and complained about, bcuz he couldn't have his 'pussy ignore' function. Ya don't smoke the food crops grown safely with Spin-Out, so how do U know it's safe to inhale it??? Guess in a couple of decades if thousands of Spin-Out users start to get higher than average rates of lung disease from consuming/smoking Spin-Out grown weed, we can all sue UB in his grave..w/his 'perfect blood workup tests' ??? :roflmao: :roflmao:

Couse it will be impossible to irrefutably prove any casual link btw the two, so yer just fooked!
After a while, people are just going to ignore it, like I did, like I do most TV commercials.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

I can't find any products for sale with it in there so I don't think it's for sale here.

I have one more product that came out after the Kelthane was pulled called milbemectin which is supposed to be less toxic.

I also have no idea if these shit goes bad.

3 choices are
Avid - if my friend finds his stuff
Kelthane - at least 6 years old
Milbemectin - 4 years old but readily available

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by FAGjack »

If you have those clones in veg I'd whack the humidity right up to as near to 100% as possible for a day or two, on and off.
The Spider mites will pop and it helps with getting Neem etc off.
Doesn't cost much either. :tup:

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 944 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

FAGjack wrote:If you have those clones in veg I'd whack the humidity right up to as near to 100% as possible for a day or two, on and off.
Eh, that's bullshit...I had 'em tent over cuttings under a dome before.

Tobacco shit din't work either.

I finally hadta dunk mine in the Kelthane to git rid of 'em. :sad:

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by FAGjack »

Butcher Bob wrote:
FAGjack wrote:If you have those clones in veg I'd whack the humidity right up to as near to 100% as possible for a day or two, on and off.
Eh, that's bullshit...I had 'em tent over cuttings under a dome before.

Tobacco shit din't work either.

I finally hadta dunk mine in the Kelthane to git rid of 'em. :sad:
sigh.............its not bullshit botcher bob.............it worked fine with C99 for me............and I had a real outbreak........ya musta seen my macros on OG? :wink:

jay
needs karma

Post by jay »

I used a combo of high humidity with a bath of 'tempo sc ultra' for a few weeks and succesfully rid myself of the borg. If it's toxic to humans I have no idea, the reading material stated that all living creatures should be removed from the house until all surfaces where applied were dry. I think is a commercial based pest control product, But I can't actaully vouch for that.

(Not legal in all 50 states, no idea about internationally)