Anybody know the tobacco spider mite recipe?

Growing in electric sunshine
Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 944 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

FAGjack wrote:sigh.............its not bullshit botcher bob...
When I've watched the fukkers busslin around buildin tents in 100% humidity....the bursting thing is bullshit. :winky:

...you don't think I tried humidity as a method of combat? I've used just aboot everything under the sun on the lil bastards, I gotta pretty good idea of how well stuff works against them.....or doesn't work.

vincent vega

Post by vincent vega »

jay
needs karma

Post by jay »

Butcher Bob wrote:
When I've watched the fukkers busslin around buildin tents in 100% humidity....the bursting thing is bullshit. :winky:

...you don't think I tried humidity as a method of combat? I've used just aboot everything under the sun on the lil bastards, I gotta pretty good idea of how well stuff works against them.....or doesn't work.
I remeber trying out a few 'tricks of the trade' before I actually recieved the tempo in the mail. The high humidity was one of the first recommened and it may have slowed them down but it surely didin't persuade them to leave. I tend toward thinking you need a multiple front attack, take every trick in the book and try it all about the same time. If one doesn't cut it completely maybe a bag of tricks will do it. It seemed to work here thankfully. We had a partically dry summer that year, have never seen them since.

One thing that I think majorly help me, I didn't have anything in flower so I cut most my loses and just mainted a few healthy clones over a 3 week period.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

jay wrote:One thing that I think majorly help me, I didn't have anything in flower...
That wuz my biggest problem....a perpetual garden. :sad:

polish_pothead

Post by polish_pothead »

Have you tried Neem Oil ? just mix with water under pressure in a spray bottle and spray under the leaf and over - or get a bigger 2 gallon sprayer and mix in there, those are better.

Always worked for me when I had them, and usually the come out of the soil that you buy in the store, that's why I switched to hydroponics, no more spider mites ever!!! as long as your clones are all clean when you introduce them into the environment.

zem
some karma
some karma

Post by zem »

yes i agree with the above go hydro get rid of tha soil. i used to grow moms in soil and flower in hydro always had pests when i removed soil i never had a big problem i just need tp apply som h2o2 in my res to control larvae and i clean up my room and spray it with normal commercial pesticide between flowerings. now that you havethem already throw the tobacco crap and go for something more effective but if you have flowers your in trouble dont use chemicals on your flowers

tjo
good karma
good karma

Post by tjo »

hi
i have mites too.. :bigcry:
my plants are 11 days in veg.
tobacco spray is not work for me. can you suggest me something? :dunno:

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 335 times
Received Karma : 498 times

Post by roller24 »

Default Tobacco Spray for Spider mites
Ok... so i added like a teaspoon of garlic juice, a couple drops of habanero sauce, and the tobacco contents of a cigar, as a homemade spray for spidermites. I'm gonna soak it over night, and then boil it for a couple minutes tomorrow morning before i put it in the spray bottle. My question is for people who have used a similar spray- how effective will this spray be, and how will the spray effect the taste/ smell of my nugs?

thanx for the help,

Ganjaman

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by FAGjack »

Butcher Bob wrote:

Well I got the advice from Chimera back on Overgrow and with an increase in heat as well as humidity and Neeming almost every hour or so for 48 hrs it did in fact work.
Admirably so......... as I ran Cindy for a year or two without seeing them again .
Shame it didn't for you. :whistle:

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

FAGjack wrote:...with an increase in heat...
See, you were tryin to make 'em active. :winky:
...I'm assumin to git the eggs to hurry & hatch so the Neem could do it's job.

I tried the Neem too. In my case it wuzn't very effective...jus caused a mold on top of my soil. :sad: