Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1815 times
Received Karma : 1590 times

Who left the door open

Post by Intrinsic »

Saaay … Sprotz, aren’t ya a super mod are secret mod or super secret admin or sumptn' … of a forum fronted from a commercial seed selling operation?

Not saying goddess is Not a major douch bag , he is. Jes rambling you now have a conflict of interest in the seed wars, ya being part of the establishment now.

~peace Image

Sportster
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by Sportster »

An honest question deserves an honest answer!! :wink:
Intrinsic wrote:Saaay … Sprotz, aren’t ya a super mod are secret mod or super secret admin or sumptn' … of a forum fronted from a commercial seed selling operation?
Yes and No...not a secret mod, just a "super" mod at a couple seed venue sites, but I have nothing to do with the biz, just the forums, like I've been doing for years....its no secret, never has been either!! :cool:
Intrinsic wrote:Not saying goddess is Not a major douch bag , he is. Jes rambling you now have a conflict of interest in the seed wars, ya being part of the establishment now.

~peace Image
Not sure where the "conflict of interest" lays....??? I think I've always had a pretty open mind about the seed wars, but I am not sure about the "playing" part......wanna fill me in on your thoughts about that??

Hope all is well on yer end my friend... :tup:
FASTER THAN A SPEEDING TICKET....

Jaybird
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: ~Flying High~

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by Jaybird »

booboy wrote:alot of those hard feelings came from the lack of information that was uttered or not uttered while OG was spinning out of control...the man provided us with a home and we were a part of it...nothing but good wishes for RC from this camp
Reality is only an illusion created from the lack of drugs... Image

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Hello!

This is LemonadeJoe - new admin of Overgrow.com... You are probably very surprised that I'm writing to you... I've got your email address because you registered on CannabisWorld.com since we have put it back online.

I'm one of original authors of http://www.grower.cz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest czech growers site since 2000 (30K+ members, 800K+ posts). We have started just few months after Overgrow and were strongly inspired by our "bigger brother".

You can verify it by pinging grower.cz, overgrow.com and cannabisworld.com are currently hosted on same machine. Try online ping http://ping.eu/ping/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was really dissapointed when things gone wrong with OG and its bust in 2006. My background is in domaining, programming and networks, so I've tried to monitor destiny of OG domains for long time. After 8 years it finally yielded its fruits (as RCMP released it) and I've bought domains in auction.

CW was not revived by black magic ;), but using archive.org (global internet archive). It was just quick idea to make it public again with original content. Unfortunately, some topics were recovered only in part and many photo attachments were missing. CannabisWorld should serve just as read-only historical archive of grow discussions.

I have more ambitious plans with OG... I'd like to rebuild site from the scratch. I don't have any connections to original OG crew (~shabang~ or ~RC~) so I don't have original forum database or source code. We have to work with what was made public after the bust - FAQs and Strainbase. Everything else has to be started from point zero (archive.org won't help us here). Few original OG members have contacted me since I acquired the domain and I count on them to help.

As you were one of the members registering on CW and shown interest in forums I just wanted to let you know. We are currently working on final customizations and will release OG soon online. It is now running in private-beta and together with friends from Grower.cz we are trying to fill forum with some initial topics.

If you were interested in helping us out with "populating" new Overgrow, please let me know. It is very much appreciated. We don't want to rush the release and we definitelly don't want to put it online empty as I think it would spoil the "surprise" moment.. I hope that with site at least partly filled we have chance to generate some momentum and get the ball rolling ;)..

New OG will be presented on fresh new and modern platform but with old school members in mind (Karma and GrowFAQs are in place and we plan to develop new Strainbase). It is my dream to see OG alive again and back in hands of mj community.

I'd love to know what you think about it...
Keep on growing, stay safe and lets overgrow the world!

- LemonadeJoe
:roll:
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by Butcher Bob »

Several folks have gotten that.

"...because you registered on CannabisWorld.com since we have put it back online."

Looks like someone trying to cash in on the OG domain. :dunno:

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Any legacy RC fans can support him by buying coffee from https://myriaderoasting.co/

Free shipping on orders of more than $50 CAD within Canada!
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by Prawn Connery »

Licensed to Krill

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Intangibles Inc.
Has bestowed Karma : 8 times
Received Karma : 6 times

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by nobodyknew »

Coffee huh - and stone floors - how things change with the passage of time..
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P