Page 1 of 1

The place to ask for help is here.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:47 am
by smokebreaks
When one of us is hurting, we all suffer. Find a little compassion in your heart, and pass along what you can. Pay it forward I think they say?
If you've gotten pinched and need to solicit funds for your defense this is the place to do it..

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:00 am
by mindzai
i have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:33 am
by WhiteHotAfterburner
mindzai wrote:i have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Hello mind,

In this instance...Oldjoints got popped--in a bad state--and needs our help.

Take care,
WHAB

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:50 pm
by mindzai
i understand that.

what i don't understand is the 'fallen patriot defense funds' title, which might be more accurately titled as the fallen compatriot defense funds.

and smokes' post could do with more plain english and less allusion. how about "this is the forum for arranging contributions to legal defense funds for fellow growers and activists who are in difficulty".. or something like that.

best wishes to oldjoints.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:59 pm
by Maribou Stork
Naw....comrade is a much better and more appropriate term.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:53 pm
by WhiteHotAfterburner
mindzai wrote:i understand that.

what i don't understand is the 'fallen patriot defense funds' title, which might be more accurately titled as the fallen compatriot defense funds.

and smokes' post could do with more plain english and less allusion. how about "this is the forum for arranging contributions to legal defense funds for fellow growers and activists who are in difficulty".. or something like that.

best wishes to oldjoints.

compatriot seems rather nationalistic to me. Maybe it seemed nationalistic to smokes as well.

compatriot
a person born, residing, or holding citizenship in the same country as another
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Compatriot

But, no matter what it was named someone would have a problem with it.

Maybe we should have a contest....whoever donates the most to Oldjoints defense fund gets to name the forum? :winky:

Take care, mind,
WHAB

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:29 pm
by mindzai
i thought compatriot was more along the lines of comrade or fellow man.. oh well, the point i was trying to make was that patriot sounds odd, and the original post was poorly phrased. looks like my attempt at constructive criticism was poorly executed. i swear the internet kills more brain cells than weed ever did.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:13 pm
by WhiteHotAfterburner
mindzai wrote:i thought compatriot was more along the lines of comrade or fellow man.. oh well, the point i was trying to make was that patriot sounds odd, and the original post was poorly phrased. looks like my attempt at constructive criticism was poorly executed. i swear the internet kills more brain cells than weed ever did.
"i swear the internet kills more brain cells than weed ever did."

:winky:

Take care, man,
WHAB

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:28 pm
by Dick Hertz
I don't know why, but the term 'fellow traveller' has always resonated with some part of me.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:20 pm
by Maribou Stork
I am sure I saw more than two people publicly offering to help. Maybe OJ hasn't had a chance to update his thread on donations, but I hope maybe they are just waiting for their pension cheques to be deposited. That would be tonight, I believe, on the 30th of the month. :whistle:

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:57 pm
by Oldjoints
Marabou Stork wrote:I am sure I saw more than two people publicly offering to help. Maybe OJ hasn't had a chance to update his thread on donations, but I hope maybe they are just waiting for their pension cheques to be deposited. That would be tonight, I believe, on the 30th of the month. :whistle:
What i have recieved so far has been posted. There should be some more donations in the mail that i havent recieved yet. As i recieve them they will be posted promptly.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:34 pm
by Maribou Stork
I just checked out how the auction was going. Lots of activity over the past couple of days. :tup:

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:10 am
by WhiteHotAfterburner
booboy wrote:here it is a week later and what have we done to help OJ...the seed auction is gonna help but not enough for a few hours of lawyer time...any thoughts fellas...

I've been pondering this since you posted it...short of posting on a craigslist sort of site, or on other marijuana sites, I can't think of anything more that can be done.

I'm still thinking, but I just don't know.

Take care, boo,
WHAB

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:01 am
by Oldjoints
Well round 1 of the auction has been completed.

Round 2 is about to start!

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:21 pm
by PGs GossipGrrlā„¢
Oldjoints wrote:Well round 1 of the auction has been completed.

Round 2 is about to start!
1. IMHO, pg.net is one of the worst places to run a defense fund 'auction'. Might as well run it here, as after having a look over there @pg.net, it's all very, very disorganized.

2. Perhaps OJ can be given temp super mod powers to run this forum, and setup a few stickies, temp, which go off temp once the need is gone (ie. after an auction thread is finished). Smotty or smokes, not sure if they have the time to run such a forum, but someone needs to keep up on it.

3. Why isn't such an defense fund run from this site, rather than pg.net, where there seem to be even fewer members???

4. so what, you've got 10-20members who've donated, amounting to less than what the retainer the lawyer wants to represent OJ? And after that limited $3k amount is used up, as it could easily happen by the time the initial court appearance is scheduled (reason my opinion was it would be better to buy more time, but getting a continuance, even of just a few weeks...time is crucial/precious at this point).? If the need is for continuing funds, then you need to set up a bi-weekly or monthly charity drive, not necessarily in auction form only. It's like any other charity, post up some goals, need graphical representation.

5. Auction #2, is where on pg.net? I could not find it start/end dates-no idea what is up for auction either, the way that site is working.

6. Why does it need to have a quick end date?

7. Run it from *here*. Ask current members here, plenty of them are members in good standing over on TCC, even Guano/his other stealth handle; to PM other members over on TCC, link them here to this forum. What's the name of the 'elite' growers group over on TCC, I believe bigsur51 might be a member... Pacific Aire Growers Assoc...damn can't remember it now---be over a year since I visited that site, they pass on elite clones and other genetics. Maybe some of those members have something of higher value, they'd be willing to donate?

8. You need to get the word out to more people, bottom line.

9. Might be duplicating things, but even if you refuse to run the auction from here, you *should* make a duplicate list of what's up for auction, and post it *here*. Ya gotta spam a little (can't be any worse than JF's turbo posting :D, and unlike JF, it's only temporary ), that's marketing> ever seen PBS pledge drives on TV?

10. Put up a temporary full-size banner across the top of the index page, it's only temporary, but put in any deadlines/important dates...keep it in the minds of everyone, every time they visit the site...sheesh, no one here ever seen those super annoying 8sec/per ad; bright flashing LED billboards that are popping up all over Los Angeles, due to a stupid city council granting of absurd rights to big $$$ national billboard ad companies?

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:56 pm
by Smotty
As I stated before, there will be no sales or auctioning of seeds of any type for any reason on this server. While I understand OJ's situation is terrible, I am not willing to open smokes to the types of penalties associated with trafficking seeds.

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:08 pm
by ben ttech
lets toss minds out on his ass and see if things dont make better sense...

Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:35 pm
by ben ttech
booboy wrote:here it is a week later and what have we done to help OJ...the seed auction is gonna help but not enough for a few hours of lawyer time...any thoughts fellas...

we gota whole slew of artists here...
would seem we could be auctioning much more than just seeds...

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:52 pm
by smokebreaks
you're onto something here ben... we don't need to auction seeds we've got many other opportunities..

stay tuned ... more excitement to come!

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:24 pm
by arb
I'll donate a custom forged knife for oj's auction.

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:54 pm
by Mamabudz
OoooOOOOoooo I LOVE excitement ...

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:03 am
by anu
cool arb ! seeds don't seem so valuable to peeps sitting on more seeds than they'll ever need

what we could use is a thread displaying the finer points of a winning defense or what proved to be a near public defender suicide

a friend of mine recently found a lawyer that was usually pro bono in civil cases in seattle
whom the judge remembered from a situation which had to be thrown out because of time considerations
my friend other choice would have been public defender insisting he plead to the offered 6 years completed
the pro bono lawyer said "judge i'm gonna drag this out"
judge he say "case uh dismissed"

there used to be a bunch of OG'ers vehemently opposed to plea bargains,we need a NO to plea bargains thread

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:37 pm
by ben ttech
two questions,

aint heard from oj, when will an addy to send him fund be next available...

and two, for wpw, we gonna do our own thing, or toss in with opengrow on this one???

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:05 pm
by WhiteHotAfterburner
ben ttech wrote:two questions,

aint heard from oj, when will an addy to send him fund be next available...

and two, for wpw, we gonna do our own thing, or toss in with opengrow on this one???

Posted on another site...

OJ's Addy

If you would like to make a deposit through the Inmate Banking Service, click the Send $ Button

WHAB

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:13 am
by ben ttech
thanks whab...

am i to take it he had his things in order at the time of sentencing??

btw,
pacifica archives is having a live event today and tomorrow on radio to raise funds for the preservation of their archives...
the programming is outstanding, raw americana...

tune in if you find any time...

http://www.pacificaradioarchives.org/fu ... edule.html