Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Yet Another Heirloom Grow

Post by Jesús Malverde »

That doesn't surprise as I assume the available light energy places an upper bound on the rate of photosynthetic processes. The more interesting question to me is, at what point adding more light energy does one reach the point of diminishing returns?
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

country boy

Post by country boy »

I was running SOL/Grimm stuff(think sweet tooth and ice princess) on 1k air-cooled hoods over 3x3 trays.
And the weight loss was obvious.
Please note:this happened WAY before the statute of limitations ran out.
It's not a direct corollary to Intrinsic replacing his bulbs, but i think it's $12 well spent.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1818 times
Received Karma : 1593 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Jesús Malverde wrote:That doesn't surprise as I assume the available light energy places an upper bound on the rate of photosynthetic processes. The more interesting question to me is, at what point adding more light energy does one reach the point of diminishing returns?
More tangent .. not quite relating to yer question haysus, light flux over time as this is absolute light density, just thought to mention it.
Too much light can lead to oxidative damage to chlorophyll, such as from H2O2 being generated by the photosynthetic machinery itself from the excess light. Plants in general do a variety of things to protect themselves from excess light outdoors.
An Introduction to Plant Biology Weier, Stocking and Barbour.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Hit 105F today in the attic. Crazzy weather, jes 3 days ago I my teeth were chattering.
Was goona start harvesting, but when I was gone Sunday my neighbor said there was 2 deputies walking around the neighborhood, didn’t talk to anyone, walk through my property past the green house down to the power lines, no one knows why, no sheriff report filed … and I’m afraid to ask; Wtf were yall doing on place? No I don’t think so. Low profile n all that. Probably nothing, my property is county designated right of way to the power lines. And the dirt road officially ends here. Weird tho, they walk down the road to here, no car, not like the fat lazy cops they are.

I’ll wait a few days.. for now I turned off the lights and just the carbon filter running.

country boy

Post by country boy »

'Through' your property?!
If you are at the 'end of the road', perhaps a 'no trespassing' sign is in order?
FWIW-i don't like 'beware of dog' signs.
Just lets folks know you think you have bad-ass/biting dogs.
A 'watch for dogs' as in 'please don't run over my animals' serves the same purpose but doesn't carry the legal implications.

Also-hasn't it been almost 4 months now?
Those bitches gotta be done

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Ahhh long ago iv’e realized posting yer place is a sure way to call attention to yerself.
Besides it is meaningless to PGE, they have legal access with or without my approval.

And.. I want the county and PGE to free access through my place. Besides the bang up job pge does restoring power every winter. But mostly as registered and approved by the county I and my immediate neighbor here have a place for fire tucks to turn around. Best money we ever spent for fire protection. The fire trucks wont go down a road during a brush fire unless they know there is a way to turn around.

And yeah it has taken way too long this year, I blame the old lamps.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Done
April11H.JPG

country boy

Post by country boy »

Intrinsic wrote:Ahhh long ago iv’e realized posting yer place is a sure way to call attention to yerself.
Besides it is meaningless to PGE, they have legal access with or without my approval.

And.. I want the county and PGE to free access through my place. Besides the bang up job pge does restoring power every winter. But mostly as registered and approved by the county I and my immediate neighbor here have a place for fire tucks to turn around. Best money we ever spent for fire protection. The fire trucks wont go down a road during a brush fire unless they know there is a way to turn around.

And yeah it has taken way too long this year, I blame the old lamps.
'posting' denotes 'no hunting' around here...'watch for dog' has different connotations than 'beware of dog'.
if you have power company access, there's nothing you can do.
We've had a power line running through our property for decades.
It was the '2 deputies' part that would have freaked me out.... :bong4:
Intrinsic wrote:I blame the old lamps.
What colour are you getting?

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

FWIW, the sheriffs’ daily log was finally posted, a report of an aggressive loose dog, nothing to do with me. <whew!>
country boy wrote: What colour are you getting?
I alternate the lamps with ~3000k and ~6500k.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

:toker1:
Stash
Stash01.JPG
Stash01.JPG (65.74 KiB) Viewed 2125 times
Each jar has 15 grams with the top tier of litter jars of about ¼ oz a jar.
A total of about 11 ounces. One ounce is from the outside girl.
Good for me, so the yield did not suffer per se form the old lamps, but just took longer to get there.

Even tho I didn’t use the full 448W the whole grow, the gram per watt is:
283g/448W = .6 g/w Not great but ok for fluoro.