Page 1 of 1

using my gallery

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:08 pm
by Intrinsic
Been awhile since i loaded pics into my gallery instead of the usual adding as attachment.

I wanted to display a full image instead of jes a "thumbnail" pic
But, this message came up.
Your file was uploaded successfully.
It will be visible after admin approval.
When did this happen?
How long a lag time to approval?
puts a crimp in loading pics in the gallery in for immediate use.

using my gallery

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:26 pm
by Jesús Malverde
Yeah, I'm not an admin, but that sucks the software settings are creating barriers rather than helping get past them.

using my gallery

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:49 pm
by Munchy
I have no idea, this is the first I've heard of it, but I'd bet Roller or Smokes would know. Last month I tried to look for something in my gallery, and the whole thing was off-line. But now I had to search around for a few minutes before finding the approval control, and there's no preview, so I really don't see the point either, but I approved it anyway. It would help if there was at least an obvious prompt to alert when images are pending approval, instead of having to check a pull-down link inside the gallery, because I'm honestly not likely to make a habit of going into the gallery very often just to check it. It would be even better if veteran members could be granted permanent approval, so only new members would be bothered with this, as that page also does have a couple of obvious spam items, thanks to their detailed descriptions, so apparently it was a spammer that brought this on:
Last visited:Fri Jun 21, 19 10:32 am
personally, I would've just deleted his ass on the spot
but better late than never I guess...

using my gallery

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:47 am
by Jesús Malverde
Whitelists are underappreciated in the software field. Coders want empirically based methods figuring they will apply universally, subjectivity doesn't agree with their nature.

using my gallery

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:22 am
by Dick Cheney
Testing

using my gallery

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:52 am
by roller24
I'll look at it. There were some measures taken a while back to tighten sight security. This may have been affected, and no one noticed because not many bother with the gallery these days.

using my gallery

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:55 am
by Dick Cheney
Ahhh. .. roller I didn't mean to grab your attention I was just testing it other things
No worries Gallery whenever you get to it. ~ intrinsic

using my gallery

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:40 am
by roller24
fixed..... I believe.... now do your testing, please report back if you find any issues. I had to turn on a lot of permissions, which I have never edited before. I also turned on the comments. Image posting should now match forum user permissions, so if you are say, in the shark group, you will still need approval.

using my gallery

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 11:56 am
by Intrinsic

Thanks roller. Can load pictures in. A little tricky but can still display them.

using my gallery

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:35 pm
by Irwin the Troll
Tricky how? maybe it can be made to be simple.
[image]gallery/albums/userpics/normal_dotl11.gif[/image]
seems simple enough to me, right click on image, copy image address, post between image tags.

using my gallery

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:30 pm
by Intrinsic
After loading the picture into the gallery I can't just copy it's link address.
First "open image"
Next copy link address in address bar.
Next paste into post
Next type the tags around the link. Typing 'em in by hand.
Then post.

using my gallery

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:32 pm
by Intrinsic
[image]gallery/albums/userpics/10131/normal_Dec10Back.jpg[/image]

Okay I'm dense, it work only with img tags , I couldn't get it to work with image before before only

Much simpler with image tags.

Still have to remember To open the picture to copy the link else you might get this
javascript:;

Or (see quote)
[image]gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&c ... play_media[/image]

Ah .. Now I see the difference between IMG and image tags

using my gallery

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:58 pm
by Intrinsic

using my gallery

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:14 pm
by Intrinsic